cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missouri Halloween camping

jacko147
Explorer
Explorer
We recently moved to Kansas City from Michigan, in MI we enjoyed Halloween camping, there were many campgrounds that had campers decorate their sites and pass out candy to the kids. Doing a Google search, I cant seem to really find much near KC except for Jellystone in Lawrence and Branson, both have themed weekends, but they dont elaborate much beyond that, we went to Port Huron KOA in MI last year and it was really involved with most people decorating their sites, some of the sites very extravagant, they estimated 700 kids were there the weekend we went, most dress up in costumes and went trick or treating Saturday night. Does anyone have any experience with either of these campgrounds for the themed weekends? or any other campgrounds that does this within a few hours of KC?
2010 Sierra 4x4 1500, 5.3L 3.73
2012 Jayflight 26BH
5 REPLIES 5

have_bible_will
Explorer
Explorer
Missouri is the "Show Me State". You may have to pick a campground and show folks how to do Halloween. Try Wilderness in Branson. They are close to Silver Dollar City which has the Fall Harvest Festival.
have bible will travel

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Or maybe it was Compton Ridge campground in Branson
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Wilderness Campground in Branson MO use to have two weekends in October with the Halloween celebration.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being from St Louis, about 60 miles south near Ste Genevieve is Hawn State Park. Not sure about now, but I know about 15 years ago the campground was always booked up and full on that night/weekend. Halloween was always a special time. An the folks went all out. The local towns people would attend also. It was very nice, but yet, it WAS. Not sure about today.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Best I've seen is the annual dog show in Marietta, GA in fall. You can pay for the RV parking and be part of it all. You don't have to show dogs to participate.

They have a contest every year for the best decorated MH. It gets so serious that some RV'ers rent a trailer to pull behind their MH to hold all their Halloween decorations.

The year I was there the winner had a 18 foot witch and cauldron with smoke coming out of the cauldron rising 2 stories tall! Another RV'er had somehow got a huge decoration of a pumpkin 2 times the height of his Prevost on top of it!!

Everyone of the MH's were decorated to the nines! I had bought a huge spider and webbing, lights etc. and tied 2 of our MH's together with the spider webbing and was putting the finishing touches on it when my friends told me to go down to the lower parking area to see the witch and cauldren RV, knew I wasn't going to beat that one!! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.