cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need RV Park Recommendation Near Belleview, FL

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, all. I'm looking for an RV park off of Hwy 27 between Belleview & Leesbug, FL. Last time I was in FL I noticed a nice RV park just off of Hwy 27 (east side of HWY) somewhere near or just south of Belleview. I tried doing Internet searches but couldn't come up with anything. I don't have the name of the park, either. Can any of you friends who winter or live in that area be of assistance? Thank you....

OR, if any of you know of an RV park suitable for a monthly stay anywhere near Leesburg or Lady Lake that you can recommend please chime in (the RV parks in The Villages are a little too high priced for me, BTW)....
"Not all who wander are lost"

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'
16 REPLIES 16

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
hipower wrote:
There is one right on 27/441 in the area you are looking at. I believe Southern Oaks in Summerfield is about the price range you are looking for. There is another park in Lady Lake that is a little less appealing to some, it is The Blue Parrot. Can't find much for a web site, but they are pretty busy in the winter months.

Oops, a little late to the dance. LOL

Thanks, Hipower. I checked their website. That looks like the very park I was looking for in the first place. I thought it was in Belleview. That's why I couldn't locate it. However, the park I found in Lady Lake is quite a bit cheaper ($350/mo vs $515/mo). I'll consider Southern Oaks as a "back up" in case I'm dissatisfied with the other park.

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
There is one right on 27/441 in the area you are looking at. I believe Southern Oaks in Summerfield is about the price range you are looking for. There is another park in Lady Lake that is a little less appealing to some, it is The Blue Parrot. Can't find much for a web site, but they are pretty busy in the winter months.

Oops, a little late to the dance. LOL

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
RV_wanderer wrote:
Well, I think I've found my Fla winter home. It's in Lady Lake (nice name for a town). Very close to where I want to be. Name of park withheld to help assure I'll have a space when I get there...

There's quite a few in the surrounding area if you need to look more.
rv park reviews

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Boldtning wrote:
Have you looked into the Blue Parrot?

Yes, Jeff, that park is on my list in case the one I chose isn't acceptable for some reason. Thanks....

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked into the Blue Parrot?
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I think I've found my Fla winter home. It's in Lady Lake (nice name for a town). Very close to where I want to be. Name of park withheld to help assure I'll have a space when I get there...

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
shirae wrote:
ON GOLDEN POND is an RV park in Belleview on 110th street. I think the rates would be reasonable. The sister park is Lady Lake mobile home park.

Thanks. I checked out their website and it looks pretty nice...

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Boldtning wrote:
Recreation Plantation in Lady Lake just off US 27 may be the one you were thinking of.

No, I don't think that was it. I appreciate your suggestion, though. I checked their website but the monthly rate is a little more than I want to pay. I'm beginning to believe that the park I was looking for is no longer in business since there is no working phone no. (I also checked Yellow Pages). However, I've come across some other possibilities in the Leesburg area that look attractive....

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

shirae
Explorer
Explorer
ON GOLDEN POND is an RV park in Belleview on 110th street. I think the rates would be reasonable. The sister park is Lady Lake mobile home park.

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at this Encore park in Eustis not far from leesburg.

http://www.rvonthego.com/florida/southern-palms-rv-resort/

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
Recreation Plantation in Lady Lake just off US 27 may be the one you were thinking of.
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, doing a little more snooping on the Web and I think I found that elusive RV Park near Belleview, FL. I think it's called Silver Oaks. Trouble is the phone no. has changed so I'll have to do some more investigating....

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
How close to Hwy 27 do you want to be? You might want to look into
Wekiva Falls near Sorento - nice park with lots to do and rates about $500 month + electric. It is east of Mount Dora and west of Sanford.

Tripalot, the RV park I noticed when I was traveling HWY 27 southwards from Ocala was right off the highway on the right side. IIRC they were also selling mobile homes there besides being a full service RV park. Maybe that's a clue someone will recognize.

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'

RV_wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.

Motorcycle Jack, that sounds like a nice park but I'm going to try to get closer to the Leesburg/Fruitland Park area if I can since I'll be spending much of my time there each day....

2008 3500 RAM/Cummins
2007 NuWa FW, 29'