cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Hampshire Swimming hole location help.

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping someone here can help...

At 1:26 of this video shows a swimming hole with a small ledge to jump off of. The description of the vid says it was filmed either Arruthusa Falls of Franconia Falls. I've been to both of these places and can't recall seeing this...but I want to go there.

So if anyone recognizes this place could you let me know. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/aoo8kdI4MsU
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com
11 REPLIES 11

snowshoe
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is Franconia Falls. I have been there many times.
Tom & Nancy
2001 Rockwood Lite 2104
2011 GMC Sierra LSE

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
Ah ha....found this video. Should have just searched YouTube for Franconia Falls. Thanks for the help all.

http://youtu.be/zX7iowfqLdU
For Sale:Twin Ultra Power HD 6 volt batteries in excellent condition. Very similar to Trojan T-105's. Located in MA. Email Brazenheadbeer@gmail.com

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the Flume or Lost River...we know those places well. I recognize the long water slide from Franconia Falls....like I said I don't remember the jump.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I do think Lost River Falls in Lincoln, New Hampshire is the place. Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDvILGN_gs

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
The video is taken in several spots. The CG is Jigger Johnson which has several swimming holes not shown in the video one has a rope swing. The long water slide is at the Flume at Lincoln Woods trail. Slid down there years ago but that area was closed for restoration years ago, it may be open now. There are many swimming holes on the swift and the Saco river but are hard to describe there exact location. The one I like the best is on rt 302 before Dry river CG.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Franconia Falls - approx. 3.5 mile hike in on Lincoln Woods trail. Campsite was likely Jigger Johnson, a USFS CG off the Kancamagus Hwy - based on trees and video name. Lincoln Woods is the trailhead off the Kanc. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

John___Christin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input all. I really appreciate it.

The vid does say Franconia Falls in the description. I have been there and recognize the trail....I just don't remember that pool. The reason I'm trying to find it is my kids saw the vid and begged me to take em there.

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be the Big Eddy? A local place near North Conway?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it's the Flume. Walkway is in too rough shape and terrain around it doesn't look quite right. I can't imagine that the Flume area would be that quiet during any time of the year where the water would be tolerable.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think (but I'm not at all certain) that this would be one of the pools at or near the Flume in Franconia Notch. The bit of the video immediately preceding it sure looks like the Flume.

It's been decades since I've been at the flume. I should return sometime before too long; it's a really neat area, as I recall.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Although this doesn't answer your question, I just wanted to be sure you were aware of a great website for swimming holes:

Swimming Holes

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13