cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Park Near Monterey, CA

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
If your looking for a nice RV park near Monterey, CA check out this brand new park, “Yanks RV Resort” a mile north of Greenfield, CA on the 101. It’s about an hour drive to Monterey.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162
11 REPLIES 11

aerbus32
Explorer
Explorer
Checked out Laguna Seca last summer with the dinghy. Too steep for me! We use Betabel RV park just south of Gilroy. Checked out all the others. It's our preference. But will check out this new one. Which I just did via rvparkreviews & the park's website. It does look great. Thanks for the tip!

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks "StarkNaked" that's the sign. First time I've seen a grade like that when I've been RVing.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveler II wrote:

This is a photo of the sign at the campground.

Sorry I though I was putting a photo from imgur.com with this post, but I've done something wrong.

I'm guessing your photo is some variation of this.....

It is a steep road! Two years ago, we were waiting for friends to arrive at the ALMS race, and we see his trailer come around the corner, but instead of his van pulling it, it was on the hook of a tow truck!!! His transmission wouldn't make it up the hill and he had to call AAA. The next year he had a new truck!

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer

This is a photo of the sign at the campground.

Sorry I though I was putting a photo from imgur.com with this post, but I've done something wrong.
2011 Cameo 34SB3

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
Monterey County Park at Laguna Seca is a neat park and really entertaining if they are racing. Our trailer is just under 15,000 pounds and the road leading to the campground is 16 degrees. No problem pulling up the hill, but I was a bit nervous coming back down, but it worked out fine.
2011 Cameo 34SB3

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget about the Montery County Park at Laguna Seca.

Chaparral and Can-Am Circle Campground ($35 per night)
RV Camping is available year-round at the Chaparral and Can-Am Circle “C” Campgrounds for $35 per night. Both campgrounds features:
• Sites with water and electricity
• Dump station
• Level sites with a black top pad suitable for cars, pick-up campers and RVs (sites cannot accommodate tents with stakes)
• Bathrooms and hot showers within a short walk
• Picnic tables and fire pits

Laguna Seca Camping

Just remember that this campground is at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Check the track schedule to make sure that you know what is happening at the track during your stay!!!

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Veterans Park is amazing sitting on top of the hill overlooking Monterey and the bay BUT, it has like a 20' limit and tents are the mainstay up there, that is how I used to use years ago. Close in but no amenities is the Fairgrounds just a paved area with hookups in-between 2 spots that are shared, 1 30 amp and 1 50 amp plug and two water connections.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
We heard of the new RV park in our news here in Carmel. I would think it would be great, if you were going to visit the Pinnacles National Park, too. Traveller II have you tried Veterans Memorial Park in Monterey? It's first come first serve, no hookups, but nice if you want to be centrally located. It's run by the City of Monterey. If you have friends here know you are coming they could run over and reserve a site for you on the morning of your arrival.

Thanks Wavesprite, we will check this out. We're usually in the area for a few weeks so I'm not sure how the "no Hookups" will work for us but we will check it out. We were at Pinnacles National Park yesterday.
2011 Cameo 34SB3

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
We heard of the new RV park in our news here in Carmel. I would think it would be great, if you were going to visit the Pinnacles National Park, too. Traveller II have you tried Veterans Memorial Park in Monterey? It's first come first serve, no hookups, but nice if you want to be centrally located. It's run by the City of Monterey. If you have friends here know you are coming they could run over and reserve a site for you on the morning of your arrival.

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
clubhouse wrote:
Bit a stretch to refer to this as a RV park near Monterey. Greenfield has about as much in common to Monterey as LA does with NY. Greenfield is small farm town in Southern Salinas Valley. This is bonafide CA farm country -- it's part of the "Salad Bowl". Not that it is a bad thing, I live is a town very much like Greenfield. I just don't want folks planning trips to area thinking this would be a base to explore the Monterey/Carmel area.

We have family that moved to Monterey four years ago. We’ve been visiting them with our RV and really have had a hard time finding a nice park near them. We’ve stayed in Marina, Moss Landing and Carmel Valley. These parks are OK, but nothing compared to this new one. Yes it’s in a rural area, but we can be in Cannery Row in just about an hour. Last year in Moss Landing the nicest park that we’ve found in the area in would take up to 30-40 minutes. They 80 and 100-foot cement sites that are great for big rigs. As a base location it great to get back and enjoy the pool or hot tub, none of the others we’ve stayed at offer these nice new amenities.
2011 Cameo 34SB3

clubhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Bit a stretch to refer to this as a RV park near Monterey. Greenfield has about as much in common to Monterey as LA does with NY. Greenfield is small farm town in Southern Salinas Valley. This is bonafide CA farm country -- it's part of the "Salad Bowl". Not that it is a bad thing, I live is a town very much like Greenfield. I just don't want folks planning trips to area thinking this would be a base to explore the Monterey/Carmel area.