Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Death Valley NPS w/FHU now

Just a FYI note -- Death Valley National Park - The NPS Furnace Creek campground now has FHU sites, installed a few months ago. In the past, only the private resort and Stove Pipe Wells had FHU. The NPS park has about twelve FHU sites and plans on i...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Going from Bakersfield to Death Valley NP..

Any suggestions as to best route to take and best entrance?Driving our 24 ' class C.Any suggestions as to best camping sites, etc.. Things to see and do?Do not have a reservation.. Will that be a problem tomorrow?Just my DW and myself without a toa...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

State Park w/ Boat Rental - Within 8 hours of DFW

Looking for suggestions...My familty would like to take our 5th wheel to a state park within 8 hours or so of the DFW area. We would like to have a waterfront (or close to) site and the ability to rent a pontoon boat to allow tubing, fishing, etc. ...

scotjima by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Port Saint Lucie FL

Hello Everyone,Will be traveling up the East Coast of Florida next week. Planning on stopping around Port St Lucie area. It would probably be just for a night or 2. Looking for full hookups. For a 36ft and 34ft motorhome. It doesn't have to be on the...

Sioux Falls, SD

We will be heading home from two weeks in Wyoming and will stop in Sioux Falls, SD and are looking for a night away from the RV....we are going to stay in a hotel for one night and I am looking for recommendations on which hotels have the best parkin...

Faribo by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Mayberry Campground

Will be headed to Mayberry Campground in Mount Airy Memorial Day weekend. Any one else going to be there?

wbwood by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone stayed Mylan Park - Morgantown WV

We are planning a trip to Osage WV in July and need a site close to where we will be working. Mylan Park seems to fit our needs I was just wondering if anyone can share their experience who has stayed there.thanks,bigdon68Maryland

Size matters

I'm a little tired of being discriminated against because I have a little RV. If I pay the same price as someone with a big rig, or want a premium spot that campground owners seem to want to save for big rigs, why can't I reserve the spot I want? W...

Steve_B_ by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Paria Contact Station/House Rock Valley Rd. camping?

I plan to be here this summer exploring The Wave-Wire Pass-Buckskin Gulch areas for a few days. What's my best bet for stashing my 23-foot travel trailer while I make daily driving/hiking excursions? I know of White House Campground and Stateline Cam...

Smokey mountains

I will be heading to Virginia from Texas and want to spend a day or two at the Smokey mountains. Any recommendation on cg for my MHThanks Carl

New Orleans Campground Suggestions

I would like to hear suggestions on which campground you like in New Orleans and why you liked it. If you wish to e-mail your reply: kshoe08070@gmail.com Thinking about stopping by there the last week in August. I know, it's going to be hot. Thanks...

Big_Shoe by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Colter Bay Village RV - the only kid in town?

Hi all: Searching for some ideas for full h/u campgrounds in or near Jackson, WY. We would like a base near GTNP to explore for a few days before heading to Fishing Bridge in Y'Stone. There doesn't appear to be many on the web. Ideas?

Loveland Colorado RV Parks

We will be traveling to Loveland Colorado for the 4th of July for a soft ball tournament, We need facility's with a laundry. We DO Not Like RV parks but in this case we need to stay at one. With that in mind I am looking for advice and suggestions. T...

Study Butte Does it exist?

Looking ahead to visiting Big Bend in early June. I see mentions of Study Butte RV near Terlingua. I can find web references to it. But I cannot find a web page or any other way to contact them. Is it a real RV park? I did find BJ's RV Park in Terlin...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes