cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagara - campgrounds on the Canadian side

Wjohns02
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip this summer to include Niagara Falls. See a few campgrounds online but wondering if some of you that have actually stayed on that side would share where you stayed and if you would recommend to others.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Wjohns02
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Windmill Point Park. It has a nice little lake for swimming. Not full hookup but has electric and water. They have a very nice snack bar with great burgers and fries. There are a lot of kids so if you want silence, go somewhere else.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
About 10 years ago we stayed at the KOA on Lundy's Lane. It was well run, clean, employees were polite, campground bathrooms were clean and maintained, kids playground area and equipment was in good shape. The public bus that goes to the falls stops right at the entrance.

We had a great time, and our kids enjoyed the campground.

I have no idea if the campground is still as good today.

Edited to add: We had dinner at the Skylon restaurant, and enjoyed it greatly! Good to really good food, and you can not beat the views!

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
We stayed last year at the Jellystone park. We have no kids but it was fun to watch all the kids have fun. My wife did get to have her picture with all the JellyStone animals. It was a FHU site level and large enough for my 37' plus tow dolly. Do not get a spot next to the fence they are shorter than need be.
The shuttle they have is great as parking near the falls is hard to find. It is however a pay shuttle now, runs about every half hour or so.

We spent 3 full days there's, I forgot what its call, but its the down town bus pass saves a lot of money and a lot of walking.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
IF you need to stay on the US side, I'd suggest Branches RV Park. Short drive to the falls and IMO, better than the KOA. Cannot comment on CA cg, but make sure you have either passports or Enhanced drivers licenses. Check as well as to what you can bring onto CA and back in the states. Line getting into CA may be long and DON'T make any comments about guns (wether you have them or not). Don't ask how I know this.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a very long time since my trip to Niagara but what I remember is staying 3 days on the Canadian side and trying to take it all in. Our plan was to then cross back into the States and stay a couple more days at a campground on the US side. After driving by a couple of them, we turned around and went back into Canada to ask for another couple of days at the site we had just vacated. The US campgrounds were dumps compared to the one we stayed at. I don't believe it was either a KOA or Jellystone though.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We have stayed twice at the Fifty Point Conservation Area on the shore of Lake Ontario. It is about 35 miles to the Falls, but we prefer to stay out of the tourist area. This is a peaceful campground with plenty of room between sites.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the Jellystone in Canada. It was a decent campground. Basically anything on he Canadian side is developed. I know there is a KOA but we didn't drive by it. He Jellystone offered free shuttles to the falls. It worked out perfect for us. We were there in 2013.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!