cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagara falls

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
Going up there in June. Want to reserve us a spot. What campgrounds would you recommend. Thanks,steve
2006 dodge ram 2500
forest river heritage glen
wife and three kids
18 REPLIES 18

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
As a US citizen I hate to say that Niagara Falls, NY is pitiful when compared to the beautiful hotels and attractions on the Canadian side. We stayed at 4 Mile Creek SP and it was very nice and offered free parking pass at the Falls on the US side.

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions believe we are gonna stay at four mile creek. Steve
2006 dodge ram 2500
wife and three kids

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some great recent posts by this blogger on the Niagara area and campgrounds:

https://wheelingit.us/?s=niagara
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DavidandDayle
Explorer
Explorer
My father, who was born a few miles upstream from the falls, smugly said that, while the Americans owned the better part of the falls, the Canadians had the better view.
You will need a passport (or other documentation) if you plan to return to the U.S.
David and Dayle

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I agree with Four Mile SP .

When you get closer to your travel date give me a shout for some directions and things to do in NF.

Things to do in NF

Here is another link To my RVillage group

How many days are you planning on being here?

Thanks, gonna hang around 3 days
2006 dodge ram 2500
wife and three kids

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Branches is nice, and we did stay there when they first opened, but now we prefer 4 Mile Creek State Park when we're in that area. A much nicer view and much easier on our budget.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
A third for Branches of Niagara. We stayed there last year with 4 grandkids. It's convenient and a great place for kids. They have a lake for fishing and two zip lines.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed on the Canadian side at the Jellystone. They have shuttle service to and from the falls. Worked out great.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We did Branches and enjoyed it. Maybe by now the trees have grown in a little. When we were there 3 years ago it was somewhat barren.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make reservations early for any of those CGs. We were winging it and had to make NF a day trip away in mid-July. I'd never been to the American side before.

The wait for the Maid of the Mist was three hours, and we were completely surrounded by mobs of Bangladeshis and Indians whom were the most rudest groups I've seen in 68 years. Although its been many years for me, the Canadian side was much more pleasant when I last visited.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Four Mile Creek state park, big sites, elec & water, and you get free parking at Niagra Falls because it's also a state park

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer we stayed at Branches of Niagara on Grand Island and took Uber to and from the Falls. It was fun and hassle free.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We have stayed at this campground on our visit.
It offers what we need to stay for a couple days. Full hookups and pool.
Not the resort type location.
Niagara Falls Campground

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Niagara in heading posts in this forum
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman