cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ campgrounds

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello. Considering 2 areas for July 2018.
I checked RVPR, but would like some real time reviews or ideas.

Cape May area. Anyone have any good suggestions? Looking for something with FHU and a pool.

And then Jersey City! I’m thinking Liberty Harbor RV Park and Marina. Has anyone stayed here? This place will only be to sleep. I know it’s literally a parking lot. We will be in NYC and touring Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. We don’t need amenities here because we would be heading down to the Cape May area afterwards.

Thanks.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
23 REPLIES 23

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Yep still July! Always ready for hot weather.

Been in NJ for 30 years.. July is usually gorgeous on the Jersey Shore! Not too hot! Ocean breezes make it really nice! You will love Cape May/ Wildwood. I will be at Holly Shores in Cape May in July also! See you down there! BTW, If you have a dog, make sure you bring him/her to the doggie beaches in Cape May! Sunset Beach and Higby beach open to our pets! (Both on the Bay side of Cape May) Wildwood and Cape May ocean beaches are a NO!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep still July! Always ready for hot weather.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
If your still doing jersey in July be prepared for it to be HOT!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok I’m back. Well not really a change of plans. We are still doing FL, but the wife still wanted to do Cape May and New York. So I just booked Liberty Harbor in Jersey City and Beach Comber Camping Resort in Cape May.

So looking forward to it again.

Thanks again everyone.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks again guys. But change of plans. We decided to go to Destin FL for spring break. It won’t be in the 80’s, but upper 70’s will be nice for a week. Then we are going to ST Louis for the 4th of July.

I think the year after we will do Cape May and New York!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
In Cape May, the #1 rated CG in the whole state is Holly Shores Resort on Rt 9. Great family owned park! Lots of amenities and activities for kids! 24 hrgated security, nice and wooded! very clean restrooms and showers. Been going there for 35 years. It is pricey but only 10 minutes from Wildwood or Cape May Beaches! check out there web site. Would need to reserve right now for any time in July!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
We were just at Lake and Shore (Thousand Trails) on our zone pass. Lake and Shore has a beautiful beach and pool and is 5 miles from Sea Isle City. I think it would be difficult to get into during peak season...we were there in October and it was busy on the weekends but quiet during the week. Whipporwill, up closer to Ocean City, is a nice private CG. After The Jersey Shore, we took the ferry to Delaware and stayed at Cape Henlopen SP which was fantastic and bikeable to Rehoboth. Sea Isle City, Avalon and Stone Harbor all have great public beaches and boardwalks.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
esyers wrote:
Agree. It can't be beat for the view and the convenience.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
esyers wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
I hope it's not true, but I heard that Liberty Harbor may be sold to developers, anyone hear anything on this?

Mike

I haven't heard anything, BUT if you look at the development in the area and take a guess at land values, it seems to indicate campground days are numbered.

Not that I have any inside information. But I heard those same rumors when I was there 6 years.
I'll deal with it when the time comes but for now it continues to be a great unique camping destination.

Agree. It can't be beat for the view and the convenience.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2x on Seashore Campsites and RV Park in Cape May. We stayed here this last June. Very nice,clean campground. We will be staying here again this coming spring. Best to make a reservation if you can.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Beachcomberin Cape May. Pool and beach.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I did the NYC Cape May thing a few years ago.
We stayed at Big Timber Lake. Sites were large a fairly spread out.
The place was busy but well run.
If you are feeling adventurous you can take the Ferry from Cape May to Lewes,DE.
You can put your entire rig on the Ferry and continue your RV adventure in DE or you can just take the crew for a day trip with ferry ride.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
esyers wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
I hope it's not true, but I heard that Liberty Harbor may be sold to developers, anyone hear anything on this?

Mike

I haven't heard anything, BUT if you look at the development in the area and take a guess at land values, it seems to indicate campground days are numbered.

Not that I have any inside information. But I heard those same rumors when I was there 6 years.
I'll deal with it when the time comes but for now it continues to be a great unique camping destination.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:

Mike