cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NJ, DE, MD Beach campgrounds??

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any recomendations? We are looking for a last minute place to go for this upcoming Labor Day weekend. It's a long shot that we even find an open site I know but does not hurt to try. Regardless of that aspect, we live in the Philly suburbs so looking at NJ, DE, or MD campgrounds on the beach. Anyone have any recomendations. We have young children and would like preferably to be able to walk to the beach but if not possible a short drive is OK. In that case we would like a pool. Thanks for your thoughts.
19 REPLIES 19

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assateague State Park has one electric loop in the whole place. Pretty silly I think. Assateague National Seashore has no water or electric except at the host sites but allows gensets in all sites with the exception of the middle loop Bayside. Quiet hours apply to gensets. Hope you find a place.
Puma 30RKSS

murphy38
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the beach camp grounds are booked this time of year. If you like to kayak and canoe Then you might try Janes Island State Park. (Yes it is Janes Island and not James Island) It is not on the ocean side but on the Chesapeake Bay. Nice camp ground and a 12 mile sand beach that you can only get to by canoe, Kayak or your own boat, so not a lot of people on top of each other. We have a good time every time we go there.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
tentspike wrote:
Castaways RV Resort and CG is by far my favorite place to go if I want a beach location. Located on the back bay of OC, MD. Located in Berlin MD. Has everything including nightlife on the beach via a nice open air grass top bar with live intertainment

Castaways is nice but expensive, especially for anything but the interior sites. Headed there late Sep for a bluegrass festival.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jtbr3
Explorer
Explorer
was able to get labor day weekend at beachcomber in Cape May just last week....
08 Four Winds Chateau Kodiak 34H

tentspike
Explorer
Explorer
Castaways RV Resort and CG is by far my favorite place to go if I want a beach location. Located on the back bay of OC, MD. Located in Berlin MD. Has everything including nightlife on the beach via a nice open air grass top bar with live intertainment
Family of Four-10 yr. old daughter,5 yr. old boy
06 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Crew Cab
Turbo Charged 6.6ltr Duramax 4X4
Allison 6 Speed
Prodigy Brake Controller
Reese Weight Dist. Bars
Reese Dual Cam Sway Bars
2005 Pilgrim 290BHSS

I will be canceling the extra site I have for Delaware State Seashore Park tomorrow at 8:00AM ... If anybody wants to try and get it... The reservation is site # 251 check in on Thursday for 4 nights and will be available tomorrow....Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago we tried to get into Delaware Seashore and a couple places at the NJ shore and they were all booked. Ended up going to the Yogi Bear in Milforn DE about 20 minutes from Rehobeth Beach.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Assateague Nat Seashore does have generator areas on the bayside. The horses roam wherever they want & they are very stealthy. While sitting by the fire I had one sneak up almost directly behind me before I knew it was there. Don't leave any food out. They will have it.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

livelylittlecam
Explorer
Explorer
Try Holly Shores or Seashore Campsites in Cape May. Pretty close to beach and both nice parks with nice pools and facilities. Probably full but call and take a shot!

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
kfp673 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
We have a site that I am going to cancel at Delaware State Seashore park. #251 .. If you want it drop me a PM.....I will wait to cancel

PM sent. Really appreciate the offer. Will wait to hear from you

Well, there you go. Very nice of Ford Truck Guy. I would grab his site. Isnt RV Net great!!!!!
Full timing it since July 2012

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
We have a site that I am going to cancel at Delaware State Seashore park. #251 .. If you want it drop me a PM.....I will wait to cancel

PM sent. Really appreciate the offer. Will wait to hear from you

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
kfp673 wrote:
Any recomendations? We are looking for a last minute place to go for this upcoming Labor Day weekend. It's a long shot that we even find an open site I know but does not hurt to try. Regardless of that aspect, we live in the Philly suburbs so looking at NJ, DE, or MD campgrounds on the beach. Anyone have any recomendations. We have young children and would like preferably to be able to walk to the beach but if not possible a short drive is OK. In that case we would like a pool. Thanks for your thoughts.

Traffic along the Jersey shore is terrible because of the tourist influx from points north and west. Plus, there are just limited campgrounds - none near the beaches. Some county parks, but they are not close either, and parking would be the issue.

Are you active or retired Military or Reservist? You could look into Naval Weapons Station Earle in Colts Neck, NJ. Great little CG in there. They have a nice pool. The Army/Navy road - Normany Rd.- is a straight shot from the land side base to the water side base. NO LOCAL TRAFFIC allowed. It takes you out to the waterside base by Sandy Hook, and Gateway National Park.

Also, for Military is the Reserve Base in Sea girt. Much smaller base, not so pretty, and a little harder to find. The base did suffer some Sandy damage, so the bathhouses may not be open yet. Sea Girt is ON THE BEACH! Just a walk from the CG. No other amenities though. Just hook ups. But Sea Girt and surrounding areas are incredible.

Anyone that tells you DE beach traffic is less than NJ shore traffic has been hitting the pipe. It is just as bad. This year it is actually worse further down the seaboard. With all the beach community homes and some WHOLE COMMUNITIES destroyed by Sandy last year, the summer rental market has shifted heavily southward making DE and MD rentals premium and grossly overpriced.