cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Non Smoking Park

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Do not want to stir up smokers rights rants. J & H RV Park has gone non smoking. For any one of us that are HYPER sensitive to tobacco smoke and have had to move sites because of neighbors sitting out smoking this is great news.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen
33 REPLIES 33

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
As a non smoker, I'm all for it...but I would treat it like the non-alcoholic beverage rules( Out of site/out of mind)...as long as it doesn't get out of hand (meaning I don't smell or see it), then do whatever you want in your RV. I think it would also depend a lot on the size of the sites.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Wouldn't just be easier to stay home than try and legislate everyone else's behavior?

hmmm....if everyone stayed home, then who would be at your park?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Good.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a competency test and certificate for RV grillers. Some of the odors coming from BBQ's is just bad.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
This is the deal killer for me:

Motorcycles/Off-Road Vehicles: Operation Not Allowed
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
RRinNFla wrote:
Isn't it interesting that cigarette smoking has become taboo, while the movement grows to legalize marijuana.

Yes, it baffles me too!
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:
It does not compare to smoke from campfires, BBQ grills, etc.

Your logic is ludicrous.

Please post a link to something that supports your statement.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
As someone who has strong libertarian beliefs, cigarette smoking is the one single thing that ought to be banned in all public places. Second hand smoke has a significant negative impact on people's health. It does not compare to smoke from campfires, BBQ grills, etc. Smoking in your "personal space" includes your home, car, property, boat, RV, and other similar places. Any place that other people are just as equally allowed to be in is not your personal space.

Any place that bans smoking is making a smart move. They are a better place to be without the cigarette smoking.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I quit smoking about 25 years ago and would rather not be breathing second hand smoke, but what others do in their own space is their health problem.

My wife, however has Asthma. It is not really dispersed cigarette smoke that gets to her, but campfire smoke; particularly when the clueless insist on burning green or wet wood and then let the smoke drift over other trailers.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

RRinNFla
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't it interesting that cigarette smoking has become taboo, while the movement grows to legalize marijuana.
Richard

2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RLT
2008 Ford F250 V10 (Gas), EC, SB, 4X4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
westernrvparkowner wrote:
And for those hypersensitive to pets, perfume,detergent soap,peanuts, lactose and the like? Guess we need a pet free, deodorant and bathing free, wear your dirty clothes while snacking on tofu park. Wouldn't just be easier to stay home than try and legislate everyone else's behavior? BTW, I hate smoking, hate the butts, but wouldn't consider banning it in people's personal space.

Thank you!

OP
Am curious.......this ban on 'smoking' does it include no camp fires, no outdoor grilling, what about use of outdoor kitchen that some trailer have, other sources of smoke??? Cigars, pipes, cigarettes aren't the only smoke generators.

ON EDIT:
I see they do not allow campfires but have a community campfire, do allow BBQs/Grills.
So their 'no smoking' ban is just fluff/marketing kinda like CVS no longer selling tobacco products as a 'health concern' but obese folks can still get bags of chips/boxes of candy or beer/wine is still sold.

I am not a smoker but it is just silly placing bans on any activity.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
As one who is also hyper-sensitive to smoke, it's a welcome rule. However, I don't see why a person can't smoke in their own unit, as long as they don't do it outside. Segregated areas is another way to deal with the issue (just like some campgrounds do with pets) but then it can become "non-smoking, no pets", "smoking, no pets" etc., and get very hard to manage. Having a non-smoking facility may reduce their liability insurance.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a smoker. I smoke in my home, in my car and in my MH. Other than those three places, I don't smoke. Not even outside. If you're in my home, car or MH and don't like the smoke, you are welcome to leave. You are also welcome to ask me not to, but you won't like the answer.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I love the smoking bans in place most places these days, especially restaurants.. That said, I can't say I've ever been bothered by someone smoking in a campground. Seems like overkill ...
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent idea. Not so much for the second hand smoke but I hate setting up on a site that is full of cigarette butts. That I do not understand.