cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Normandy Farms in Foxboro,MA

Cerevisaphile
Explorer
Explorer
We came back last night from our third trip...so we are still pretty green behind the ears.

We left wednesday after work and drove till about 8:30 ish and had plannedt stay the night at the Lee service area on I-90...who would have thought that truck drivers had the same idea..., no spots free...so we drove 30 miles more and found a spot at the LUDLOW service area, also on I-90...
Wow it was loud between those trucks...plus the temps were in the low 20s and the RV cooled down to 44.... My wife was not very happy...next time i turn the heat higher...

Next morning we continued to walden pond reservation to visit henry david thoreaus cabinsite...they dont allow pets...not sure if deer and wildlife dont defecate in the woods there but i emailed them to find out why they dont.

On to normandy farms rv resort... Of season price 60 for a full hookup...we talked to a local and he said that they are usually open year round and this is fhe second year they close dec 1st...
The place is huge....super clean and well maintained. Reservation is super easy and they email you the parking pass and access code for the gate the day before..

They have a huge dogpark and my dogs loved running of leash and going crazy..

The only negative things are that the dishwashing stationwasnt open..but we just got hot water from the shower and did it outside and dumped it in the sewer lines.

The staff was super nice and helpful.

Its less than an hour drive to plymouth,MA where they have RV parking a short walk way from the city center close to the boat launch area.

I highly recommend normandy farms for off season camping...i am sure they are busy and loud in the summer but for someone to get away and relax this is a great off season spot

http://www.normandyfarms.com
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ....I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
8 REPLIES 8

Scottam
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked Normandy Farms web site and found that they are closed from Nov. 30 until April 1st. I have been camping at Normandy Farms since I was 12. The Daniels Family run a tight ship and it seems that every year when you go there for the first time you always find new up grades and improvements. Can't wait to find out what's new this coming spring.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we stayed there they had a dog walking service. Would come by and walk your dog if you left for the day.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I was talking to Dave from Rousseau's RV, and he was under the impression that they were staying open all year this year. But, as the OP said, they are not.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
Cerevisaphile wrote:

The only negative things are that the dishwashing stationwasnt open..but we just got hot water from the shower and did it outside and dumped it in the sewer lines.

Why can't you wash the dishes in the kitchen sink and let the water drain into the grey tank, and then dump?

My guess he's referring to the campground shower facilities, by this time of year everything should be winterized.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
and from there one is close to the take off point for a bus tour of Boston; the ONLY way to see this great but crowded city.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Walden Pond doesn't allow dogs because of the wildlife and it's heavy usage.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah they have one awesome dog park, we enjoyed our stay there also.

Glad you enjoyed your self!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
Cerevisaphile wrote:

Why can't you wash the dishes in the kitchen sink and let the water drain into the grey tank, and then dump?