cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northerners, who said camping season is over?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Only 800 miles into my "North Shore" adventure, the few campgrounds that have gambled on staying open seem to be enjoying a lot of business.

I'm taking a break from driving for a few days in Two Harbors Minnesota, home of 3M, and while not packed, the city campground is busy.

Up next is the KOA in Thunder Bay. Everything else is closed. Plenty of RVs passed me, heading further North, I expect I'll see some of them at my next stop.

Glad I'm not the only one who goes North for camping this late in the season.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
9 REPLIES 9

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
The past few yrs my trips here in the northeast for september and October have been HOT. Have not needed the heat and the A/C has been pedal to the medel.

Just got back from assateague State Park, MD for a extended Columbus day holiday, water temps still about 70 degrees, air around 85 degrees and very humid.

Sad to say I will be winterizing this weekend. next trip comes in April 2019 :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
It's only OCTOBER. You can winterize and drycamp most of the winter depending on snow. Hiking trails are fantastic when its cold!
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We havenโ€™t done much camping over the last 3 months....that is getting ready to change โ€œdramaticallyโ€! Our primary camping (boondocking) season is just starting! ๐Ÿ˜‰ We are getting prepared โ€œas we speakโ€!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I use my Class B until the 1st of Dec. I did cancel my trip this week to Pigeon River State Forest where I planned on boondocking & using my portable solar panel as they f/c rain for every day.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We've just spend 10 days in the Virginia/West Virginia area. When we left Charlottesville yesterday, there were a few trees starting to change, but nothing really. Even the mountains of WV are not changing yet. It's going to turn colder the end of the week when we head back down through the mountains of WV. We shall see!

This isn't an actual leaf-peeping tour, but we usually do see some color.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Some sun would really make the fall colors spectacular.

Actually sometimes it's just the opposite. Bright sun can make the colors appear washed out. I love gray days during foliage season-the colors pop in an amazing way.

I'd be more than happy to head north if I could.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
The rain and clouds are a downer, nothing but more of the same in the 10 day forecast. Some sun would really make the fall colors spectacular.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy some tape! lol. I love to go north too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The cool/cold would not bother me, but we are getting into the cloudy/rainy weather that I don't like.