cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ohio Amish Area Campground Suggestions

novi2some
Explorer
Explorer
My son and wife and us want to go to the Ohio Amish area for the week of August 16th through 23rd. We both have 36' motor homes. Any recommendations for a campground with full hookups?
Happy Campers Since 1980 and still kicking.
34 REPLIES 34

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
We have never had the problem you described at Evergreen with narrow spots. But we always stay in the pull thru spots on the left as you pull into the campground. We can fit our C in easily with plenty of room to park our toad behind us.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
My parents like Evergreen for the amenities (the pool is quite nice). I don't like that they weren't able to put their awning completely out without it touching the slide on the trailer next to the them. While the sites are nicely maintained, they are VERY narrow.

Personally, I'd recommend doing without the full hookups and staying at a state park (electric only).
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
There is a campground in Sugarcreek that an Airstream club has a rallye at every summer. Not sure of the name, maybe Winklepleck Campgrounds. Living in the area, and working in Sugarcreek, never paid much attention. Why pay to park RV somewhere half hour from home? Have to run to Sugarcreek today, will try to get some info.

w

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Itching2go wrote:
Assuming the Amish area you are considering is Holmes County, we have stayed a couple of times at Whispering Hills RV Park just south of Shreve. While there are other places that are closer to the center of the county, Whispering Hills is a much nicer setting than the open parking lots we've seen elsewhere. IMHO

X2
I love this place and would certainly recommend it. clicky

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Scenic Hills and would go back again anytime. It is a no frills but has full hook-ups and is easy to get anywhere from there.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
novi2some wrote:
Looks likeEvergreen is the place to stay with Scenic Hills as backup.
Thanks.

As others have said, both are nice. We preferred Berlin PV park as we aren't fans of the asphalt parking lot feel. To each their own. Have a great time regardless of where you choose to stay.

We truly enjoy Amish country. The food is fantastic and we always visit Lehman's Simple Products store at 4779 KIDRON ROAD, DALTON, OH 44618
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

novi2some
Explorer
Explorer
Looks likeEvergreen is the place to stay with Scenic Hills as backup.
Thanks.

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted double post
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Evergreen many times. Plus side is the bath houses, pool, cable, Wi-Fi, paved roads and parking pads. Negative small sites and resort pricing but you have to pay for all the pluses.

Scenic Hills was ok but is all stone roads and site pads. No bath house or any of the nice things of Evergreen except for Wi-Fi. Just a place with nice sized sites to camp (park) in the center of Berlin with full hookups.

Berlin PV park
is a about the same as Scenic Hills except they Berlin RV has a nice bath house but no Wi-Fi. This is where I stay from a cost/value perspective. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Scenic Hills in Berlin...stayed there twice, will again when in area. Full Hookups, no bath house, showers, pool or playground. Real nice place to use as a base and overnight.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Weeluvdis
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Evergreen about 4 times. It is about a 15-20 minute drive to the heart of Amish Country in Berlin, Ohio.
The office and shower house are beautiful log cabin buildings. They have a laundromat. The entire place is asphalt so no worries if it rains. It is all open like a parking lot but if you are there for the area it is a great place. It is family oriented and quiet during quiet hours. There is a pool and hot tub and all area's are pristinely clean. We just camped there this past weekend and the current rate for full hookups is $52.50 and that includes cable. The best sites in my opinion are across the back in the 40's. They back up to a huge meadow and in the summer an Amish man gives rides around the meadow in a covered wagon pulled by big draft horses. Sites 16 and 17 are also pretty spacious for this park.

As was previously mentioned Whispering Hills is more campground like with some mature tree's and it's a much bigger campground. There are also probably more things to do at Whispering Hills especially if someone is traveling with children but it is also a little further from the action and my son prefers the asphalt for scooter and bike riding and all season swimming in the pool at Evergreen. They are very different but you can't grow wrong with either one.
I haven't stayed at Scenic Hills but we toured it. It is a mature park with not many amentities. Probably more for the person that is really only staying there for the tourist area. There is a new park called Berlin RV park on Rt 39. I have toured that also. It is small but nice with clean shower house and restrooms.
Not many amentities from what I could tell. The only park in the area that I didn't care for at all was Kandel's in Walnut Creek. Didn't stay but toured it and it was not appealing to me at all. Hope this helps.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
"Full hookups" in Amish country just seems somehow wrong...:W
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
You want Evergreen RV park without question. The sites will take your 36' units easily. Both the pull thrus and the back ins. The bathhouse is spectacular. The indoor pool is large and has a very nice whirlpool. It is minutes away from Berlin, Walnut Creek, Sugarcreek, Millersburg, Eaton and Mt Hope. We stay there a couple times a year and love it.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

novi2some
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. In Berlin.

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Scenic Hills in Berlin, OH.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor