cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pickleball

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are avid pickleball players and are looking for a park for next winter we both are 3.5+ players so are looking for something where the play is competitive we have been looking at Fiesta Grand in Casa Grande and Fortuna de Oro in Yuma anyone know how the pickleball is in these parks. Thanks Michael
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.
9 REPLIES 9

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
If you like country living away from the city noise, then come to Sunscape RV Resort outside of Casa Grande, AZ. Have three pickle ball courts. Cheapest monthly rent in the area, or so I have been told by others. I workamp at Sunscape so you can PM me if you have any questions.

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
Palm Creek...hands down the best with 32 courts. Large, active Pickleball Club. Just co-hosted Nationals. Has an in-house tournament in early Feb 2016 and a Tier 2 tournament in early March 2016. Play at all levels and age groups. Instruction, seminars, paddle sales.....we got it all. Come on over and check us out.............

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks 2gypies, a great resource.
2012 Montana 3750FL

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a list of places to play in Arizona. Note that you can choose any state for the same:

http://www.usapa.org/places-to-play-pickleball/?code=AZ
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Telemarc
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Trails resort is in surprise on Bell road at the 303, and has 8 courts 4-500 or something players. There are inter community leagues and public courts that are free down at the city hall .You can rent a rv lot with pad for 5-600 a month all included. Or we have a Arizona room , washer dryer, shower, toilet and bedroom beside the rv for 700 everything included. Happy trails is where pickleball in AZ was born and has a good depth of players at every level. If you want more info pm or email me and I can make some suggestions.
Sold the house, time to see the world.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
fiesta grande has an active pickleboard club please go to fiestagrande.org for more info and with any questions. We have only 3 courts right now but 2 more are coming. There is round robin play at each skill level/
PM ME for more details as I live there.
It is convenient to groceries etc within walking distance
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks canadi-anne and Telemarc Telemarc you have obviously played in Campbell River, yes we want to get better so we are looking for a park where we can play at a higher level, we are also trying to get the best deal for our falling dollar. We have a Thousand Trails membership so get a deal at Encore parks (Festa Grand) and the Cal-Am parks have a great special for first time users. We don't know anything about parks in Surprize so please give us some ideas. Thanks for the input.
2012 Montana 3750FL

Telemarc
Explorer
Explorer
If you are content to play 3.5 Rec pickleball then any park that has courts is going to work for you. If you want to up your game and improve beyond the Campbell River bang game (LOL)
then Palm Creek is the best spot in Casa.G. Or come up to Surprise. In Surprise or C.G. the play goes right up to competitive 5.0 so there is lots of room to grow. Something for everyone.
Lots of us islanders in Surprise . Our park has players from Victoria to Comox.
Sold the house, time to see the world.

canadi-anne
Explorer
Explorer
Palm Creek RV in Casa Grande has 32 pickleball courts and has a huge emphasis on pickleball. It would be your best bet, there is everything from 2.0 to 5.0. They held the National Pickleball tournament last month.