cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Playing guitars with new people while camping?

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
I keep thinking about taking my Acoustic Bass 4 string with me when ever we camp?

Hoping I might find people to jam with around the camp fire.

What is your experience with this plan?
1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.
33 REPLIES 33

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
California State Parks have a policy that sound should not be audible beyond the boundaries of your own site. Not guitars, not voices, not media devices.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Fine, so long as it doesn't disrupt things at my camp. Camping at the lake, we used to hear other campers playing music till 3 in the morning. That got old real quick. I play in an orchestra but don't bring my euphonium camping, too disruptive to others.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We carry my 12-string dreadnought and my wife's 6-string Spanish guitar (actually made in Spain) with us. I was the part-time musician but she plays hers a LOT more than I play mine - mostly learning new songs. The 5-string electric bass is sitting in climate controlled storage... I've never once wished I had it with me. We've crossed paths with a few couples our age who appreciated some "classics."

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

WishWeWereCampi
Explorer
Explorer
I think that might be cool, but not all night long....I like hearing guitar music playing quietly. Depends on the songs, though.

Probably better than hearing 20-something girls shouting "Got a Bad Habit" by Offspring (not that they were bad, but there is a lot of profanity, at least they had all the words down) at the lake last summer. We're still laughing about their show..