cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

please help

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and i would like to head to Bar Harbor maine but not sure we want to be gone 5 weeks. we did this a couple years ago to key west fl. so my question is some place little closer. we love to eat sea food and little sight seeing.
11 REPLIES 11

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
Like the boston area we will look into that as well as Bethaney Beach area.

Though we haven't stayed at the campground I always hear good things about the place Boston Minuteman

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

AlabamaTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We made a trip to Bar Harbor in 2014. We visited Wash DC, NYC, and Boston on the way up. We were gone 22 days.....plenty of time.
Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
Second on the Outer Banks, NC. Great seafood there.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone has there own driving opinions, as for me i like to keep it under 300 miles a da and then stay a couple nights.

Like the boston area we will look into that as well as Bethaney Beach area.

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you're around 12 hrs from the Outer Banks of NC. I sure see a lot of Ohio tags whenever we're there.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Smart A$$ reply here, but head due north to the mistake by the lake, Cleveland right on Lake Erie.

1000 islands region in NY or anywhere's along the Lake Ontario shoreline.

We went to BH this past summer and it took us 11 hours door to door. Did it in 1 day and time could've been chopped off some if traffic and a couple lengthy fuel stops were removed. So from your neck of the woods to BH would be at least 24 hours of drive time. I say this cuz we bought our coach from Couch's RV Nation (in your backyard) and drove down/back and it was 10-11 hours 1 way.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
880 miles to the Boston area. All the sightseeing and seafood one could want all along the Ct/RI/MA coast line. Mystic, Newport, Cape Cod, Plymouth, Boston, Gloucester, Newburyport.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want closer, upstate New York has plenty of nice areas--not the same as Bar Harbor, but IMHO not necessarily any less enjoyable. Letchworth, Watkins Glen (and the Finger Lakes region in general), the 1000 islands, the Adirondacks, Lake George...there's a lot there. Seafood may not be generally as plentiful, though.

Like the others, I don't see why it would require five weeks to comfortably visit Acadia, but you know your travel preferences far better than any of us.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
Wife and i would like to head to Bar Harbor maine but not sure we want to be gone 5 weeks.

Why do you have to plan how long you will be gone? Just leave your home, drive until you want to stop, find a campground, drive again the next day, etc, until you get to Bar Harbor. One there, just do the things you want until you are done, and head back home.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on when you are going, I'd look at the DelMarVa peninsula. Assateague, Chincoteague, Delaware Shores in Bethany Beach. We like doing this area in either May or October.

It's right around 650 miles from Cincy so an easy trip with a single overnight stop.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
It's only 18 hours from you, 5 hrs a day is 8 days there and back, you could stay 2 weeks and have a pretty good trip in 3 weeks.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also