cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

Mrs__Locknload
Explorer
Explorer
CampingBugs wrote:
Nice pics! Where in IL is this Thompson Causeway place located exactly? We might have to add it to our list.. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's in Thomson, IL, right on the Mississippi River. Thomson is on Route 84 and is about 30 to 35 miles north of I80. The sites are 50amp, no water or sewer, but they do have spiggots to fill up and a dump station. It has a playground and a boat ramp. Good day trips would be Galena, IL and the Quad Cities. They do have reservable sites on Reserve America. We enjoy watching the barges going up & down the river, and the egrets & hurons. The cg is surrounded by water, so you can see the back water or the river from any site.

It's full Labor Day weekend, so we made reservations for Fisherman's Landing. It is also a COE park and is on Route 84 about 3/4 mile south of I80. Have never been there yet, so we'll see how it compares to Thomson.
Mrs. Locknload, Chewy & Josie
Dreaming of the day I become a fulltimer.
Living the daily grind until then!
Good Sam Lifetime Member

CampingBugs
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pics! Where in IL is this Thompson Causeway place located exactly? We might have to add it to our list.. ๐Ÿ™‚
SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS! :B
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The 'Bug' Family
----
Carolyn & John

2006 Fleetwood Utah
2003 Chevy Tahoe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Map shows States camped in*

Mrs__Locknload
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Neat to see the pic's of Thomson Causeway - we're thinking of going there later this summer!

Thanks, had to dig a little to find them. It is definitely one of our favorite local spots.
Good Sam Lifetime Member

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Neat to see the pic's of Thomson Causeway - we're thinking of going there later this summer!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Mrs__Locknload
Explorer
Explorer
Thompson Causeway COE site #50, Thompson, IL May 2005
One of our favorite spots!!

Good Sam Lifetime Member

marites62
Explorer
Explorer
New Brighton Beach was one our favorite campgrounds when we went cross country. Thanks for posting pictures!
:)Marites
DH
9 Kids
04 Jayco Jayfeather 25G
Cross-country trip
Our Cross country trip thread

"It is not the magnitude of our actions that matter, but the amount of Love that is put into them" - Mother Teresa

JTMO
Explorer
Explorer
New Brighton SB site 46 W/E

Henry Cowell SP, CA. site 32 water thief in front.

Big Basin CA, site 160, water at the corner. Took 45 minutes to get around the trees on the loop, but real quiet mid-week. But lots of small skeeters due to the creek out back. 200 foot redwoods and douglass firs did not let in much light, or heat. Loved it, but you have to be small to fit.

Another shot

Hundreds of feet UP
Cedar Creek 27LRLS 7359 dry with extensive options/7700+ loaded.
2003 Expedition 5.4 FX4 with factory Tow 3.73 Bilstein shocks. GCVWR 14500, Tow rating with no cargo 8650
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy, Barker Electric jack. Coachnet ERS
Rallies=14
My travel albums

5S_Dude
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much! Still learning......

JTMO
Explorer
Explorer
Added the image tags for you...

Cedar Creek 27LRLS 7359 dry with extensive options/7700+ loaded.
2003 Expedition 5.4 FX4 with factory Tow 3.73 Bilstein shocks. GCVWR 14500, Tow rating with no cargo 8650
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy, Barker Electric jack. Coachnet ERS
Rallies=14
My travel albums

5S_Dude
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few snap shots from Sedona AZ, Vail Lake Ca. and Pechanga

marites62
Explorer
Explorer
We had a wonderful time at Watkins Glen State Park in NY. We were in site 104. Though it is a pull-through, we were too big to make the turn to pull through so we had to back in, but it was still a roomy site. We took a walk around and noticed that many sites in the Mohawk loop were very roomy.

:)Marites
DH
9 Kids
04 Jayco Jayfeather 25G
Cross-country trip
Our Cross country trip thread

"It is not the magnitude of our actions that matter, but the amount of Love that is put into them" - Mother Teresa

Mrs__Locknload
Explorer
Explorer
We loved ours too and would recommend one to anyone who's interested in them. But, you're right, they aren't good for fulltiming.
Good Sam Lifetime Member

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love our HTT but I don't think I'd want to fulltime in it! Nice choice.
2020 Lance 2375

Mrs__Locknload
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Interesting - and a little sobering - to know when you were in those CGs! Thanks for posting. Looks like you traded "up" in the interim! ๐Ÿ™‚

It is isn't it. Everyone at home was worried about us, because they couldn't get through & knew about where we were going.

We had the hybrid when we decided to fulltime, and we've traded from it to a TT & 2 different 5th wheels before we got current MH. Kept trading 'til we found something we felt good with. MH is the 1st one we've had longer than 1 year, & we're working on 4 yrs with it.
Good Sam Lifetime Member

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting - and a little sobering - to know when you were in those CGs! Thanks for posting. Looks like you traded "up" in the interim! ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Lance 2375