cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,570 REPLIES 3,570

mike4330
Explorer
Explorer
Shenandoah River State Park, VA
Site #9

happycampers5
Explorer
Explorer
Site #36 at Great Smoky Jellystone in Gatlinburg, Tn. Two streams converge behind the site. One of our favorite sites here.

clkelley564
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Lake Buena Vista, FL Site 1741 Full Hookup, W/E/S/C Right near comfort station - Feb 2012

The evolution of a campsite

Carol & Rick
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 T@B ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.6 V8 2WD
http://www.mouseketab.blogspot.com

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
Site C17 at Misty River Campground in Walland TN

2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

CampingBugs
Explorer
Explorer
CGXterra wrote:
.... We went to the American Heritage CG in Williamsburg, Va....

Hello! Was wondering if they allow you to request specific sites here at this campground, and if so... what campsite were you in? Looks nice and somewhat "private" or at least not right on top of the next campers... LOL
Thanks... and good luck with your new camper!! ๐Ÿ™‚
SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS! :B
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The 'Bug' Family
----
Carolyn & John

2006 Fleetwood Utah
2003 Chevy Tahoe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Map shows States camped in*

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
SS Slacker wrote:
I know what you mean, we have been having a blast each summer taking the kids someplace new in the country. They love it and always talk about place they have been to.

This picture was at Portal RV park in Moab last June. In fact, after looking at MPonds pictures I now realize that he and his family were just two sites down in the second picture

I saw your pictures and realized the same thing before I read the text of your post. That's funny! :B

I was going to post pictures of Portal RV as well, but couldn't find any that were worth posting.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

SS_Slacker
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you mean, we have been having a blast each summer taking the kids someplace new in the country. They love it and always talk about place they have been to.

This picture was at Portal RV park in Moab last June. In fact, after looking at MPonds pictures I now realize that he and his family were just two sites down in the second picture

Dan & Tracy
2003 HR Neptune 36PBD
300 ISB Cummins/5-Speed

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Nice when they're that age, Too bad they have to grow up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks. We really enjoy getting the kids out in the RV to see the country. They're always telling their friends about all the places they've been to.

I'm really enjoying this now, and hoping they'll still be interested in RVing when they're older, like I still do with my parents.

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...

mike4330
Explorer
Explorer
First trip of the season. Lake Anna State Park, VA. Site #26

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
MPond wrote:
Rancho Sedona RV Park

Our campground had a creek running through it

Nice when they're that age, Too bad they have to grow up. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
Rancho Sedona RV Park

Our campground had a creek running through it

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
Eurocamper wrote:
This primitive BLM campground is one of my all-time favorites.

Where in Moab is this? I didn't see the name/location in your post. Did I miss it?

JCGibson
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our site at Basswood RV Resort. Very nice and in the country yet only about 20 miles North of Kansas City. This has everything one could want in a campground. There are multiple ponds to fish at that you don't need a license for. A large pool, large kid play area, horse shoes, shuffleboard, and a few forest trails. Sites are for all sizes, from back ins to large pull throughs like ours. They also have several cabins if you didn't want to take your rv. The baths are spotless and individual rooms. Also, there are lots of picnic areas near the ponds that are very nice. The hosts are very nice and will lead you to your site. They also have pizza onsite that they will deliver to your site. Excellent service.
John (USAF Retired) Cheryl (Mid School Teacher)
'16 Newmar Ventana 3709 Sold
'16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA traded
'11 Dodge 3500 Crewcab sold
'14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL sold
'12 Voltage V3200 sold
'09 BigHorn 3400 sold
'06 Jayco Octane sold
'04 Jayco Baja sold

CGXterra
Explorer
Explorer
Finally, 3 weeks after purchasing our 21' Koala, we got to go out on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of March. We went to the American Heritage CG in Williamsburg, Va. Rod and Sherry are a couple of work-campers that were extremely helpful with our first time setting up and had plenty of great tips on things to pick up prior to our next trip. We have already made reservations for the same CG for next month. We also met a great bunch of retired military folks that belong to a traveling group called S.M.A.R.T. who invited us up to the rec-hall and let us partake in their pot-luck dinner. We also had a great fire-side chat with a couple from NY.

The only real issue we had was that we couldn't get our pilot light in the oven to light. Tried many tips offered from the many folks who dropped by to say hello. We're taking it back to the dealer to let them work on it.

The CG is fantastic and they're making it better by sprucing up their premium spots. Those will soon have stone walls, landscaping, gas grills and nice patio sets with glass tables. The bathrooms are incredibly clean, with locking shower stalls, changing areas, and the building is located right in the middle of the CG.

All in all, the decision to upgrade to a T/T from a tent is looking like the right one for us.

Ed & Jess - Suffolk, Va
2014 Cedar Creek 36' CKTS
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Carl - thanks for the reply and the second picture. That helps a lot. I bookmarked the WA sate park site for future use. DH and I have been wanting to head that way some time. At least that pull through looks longer and wider than the one we had a Teton Canyon FS in Western Wyoming and DH did a pretty good job getting into that one (with me spotting so the trees didn't take out the roof!).
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton