cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,570 REPLIES 3,570

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Wisconsin Pattison State park #46

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer

Wisconsin Interstate State park #31

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
tomb48 wrote:
Chewonki Campground - Wiscassett, ME - July 2010
Site:NN(Nakita's Nook), water,sewer & electric,adjacent to saltwater pool,showers located at pool entrance. Small private airport very close by, props only, land & take off over campground during the day only, really not a bother. Campground in Booth Bay Harbor area, Mid-coast Maine,lots to do & see.

Salt water pool directly behind site.

Beautiful view of the river & basin at high tide.
Hard to believe that this a Campground, not another camper in sight, beautiful !!!!
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are a couple of years old, but still like them. Hawn State Park, about 60 miles south of St Louis
off Hwy 32 near Ste. Genevieve.
Hit the park in mid May when the dogwoods were in bloom. Lovely!!!

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

tomb48
Explorer
Explorer
Chewonki Campground - Wiscassett, ME - July 2010
Site:NN(Nakita's Nook), water,sewer & electric,adjacent to saltwater pool,showers located at pool entrance. Small private airport very close by, props only, land & take off over campground during the day only, really not a bother. Campground in Booth Bay Harbor area, Mid-coast Maine,lots to do & see.

Salt water pool directly behind site.

Beautiful view of the river & basin at high tide.

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Mike and Paula wrote:
ReneeG wrote:
Mike and Paula wrote:
Fort Wilderness WDW May 2010
600 loop

Really nice looking Class C Mike and Paula.

Thanks ReneeG. It still looks good for 27yrs old

It certainly does! A real beauty!
Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Mike_and_Paula
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Mike and Paula wrote:
600 loop

Thanks ReneeG. It still looks good for 27yrs old
84 Class C Holiday Rambler
Mike - Navistar Instructor (1/01-12/09)
GM Instructor (12/09- Present)
Paula - Medical Transcriptionist

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
GoneCamping wrote:
This is Site #7 Loop-C at Goose Point Park (Army COE) near Martinsville Va...

This is from page 1 of this thread but what an awesome campsite.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I find it helpful to see "their" RV in a campsite. Seeing it allows me to compare the length of their's with mine to determine if the campsite is suitable.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree that two pictures of the campsite should be the maximum. Some folks seem to post pictures of "their RV" rather the campsite or of the surrounding area - not even the campground. I don't care to look at their RV or camp unit from 12 different angles or of people doing odd things such as walking up the steps. Let's keep it simple and to the point and to be helpful in choosing campsites.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
drenjoey wrote:
clkelley564 wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Thank you. I don't need to see a dozen pictures of someones trailer at the same campground.

I thought the idea was to give folks an idea what a particular "campsite" was like at various campgrounds. So pictures from different angles and all directions gives folks the best idea of what the actual site is like.

A closeup of the camper that doesn't show how the campsite is in relation to the road and other sites is not helpful.

It is most definitely necessary to list the campground name, state, city, and SITE #. Also listing what the site has, (water, electric, sewer, etc.) and proximity to facilities helps a bunch.

I do agree with the above, and I think 2 pictures of a site will give everyone an idea of what it looks like.
Chickadee just posted 2 pictures of a site and that's exactly what the topic is about.
Here's a thought: Do you guys think adding a personal rating (let's say from 1 to 5) of the campground in general is a good idea?

Dre
Maybe, but not always useful, as even on rvpark reviews, some people rate a place very low because it didn't have free WIFI available, or they couldn't get TV reception without a satellite, when in fact, neither of those are why "Most" people go camping/RVing
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Sing4Mi
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
clkelley564 wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Thank you. I don't need to see a dozen pictures of someones trailer at the same campground.

I thought the idea was to give folks an idea what a particular "campsite" was like at various campgrounds. So pictures from different angles and all directions gives folks the best idea of what the actual site is like.

A closeup of the camper that doesn't show how the campsite is in relation to the road and other sites is not helpful.

It is most definitely necessary to list the campground name, state, city, and SITE #. Also listing what the site has, (water, electric, sewer, etc.) and proximity to facilities helps a bunch.

I do agree with the above, and I think 2 pictures of a site will give everyone an idea of what it looks like.
Chickadee just posted 2 pictures of a site and that's exactly what the topic is about.
Here's a thought: Do you guys think adding a personal rating (let's say from 1 to 5) of the campground in general is a good idea?

Dre

Me too. I think ratings is a good idea but I don't see a way it will work.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
clkelley564 wrote:
Pirate wrote:

Dre

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Mike and Paula wrote:
600 loop

2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

chickadee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanksgiving week end

Willow Tree Rv Resort
Long, SC 15 mins from the beach.

Site #43 (huge sites)

Hubby :C Me ๐Ÿ™‚
One Spoiled Maltese (Puddles) :B

03 Ford F-250 Super Duty Super Cab SB 4 x 4
09 Cardinal 3100RK (Forest River)
Camping Pictures