cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pumpout at quartzsite questions

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning on spending some time at Quartzsite this winter and were wondering about pump out services for holding tanks. How do you handle it, do you call them or do they just drive about looking for folks that need their service or is it on a schedule that the come to certain areas on certain days? Also how about fresh water and propane? Or are there such convinces available to the people that are there?

I know a lot of questions but we want to be prepared and ready for it if we go.

Thanks,

Butch
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View
7 REPLIES 7

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
was_butnotnow wrote:
We did away with the Blue Boy See how we deal with gray and black water. See how we deal with gray and black water.

That would be fine if I was towing a dinghy truck but with the MH I tow my Jeep Grand Cherokee behind and I'll be danged if I'm going to put that in the back end of the Jeep and I could really see my wife going for that, NOT. :M
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
We did away with the Blue Boy See how we deal with gray and black water. See how we deal with gray and black water.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most folks drive into town. Many also have home-built trailers for gray/fresh water. Honestly, in many years I've seen very few pump out services.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
At least around the time of the show there are mobile dump services out there, and if you check back here around that time someone will likely have the number. As mentioned, there is a dump at the long term on 95 south of the 10

Also north of I10 on 95 is The Pit Stop. It's a dump, fresh and LP refresh stop.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer
If your staying in the long term BLM area,there is a dump there as well as water.Not the best tasting water,but it's water,lol.

We invested in a very nice used "blue boy" from craigslist to use there so we don't need to unhook and drive to dump anywhere,just drag it down there to the dump behind the pickup.There may be a line there to dump so be patient and mingle.

We still get our drinking water and propane north of town there,but we carry 4 propane tanks and extra water jugs right now.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Butch50 wrote:
My wife and I are planning on spending some time at Quartzsite this winter and were wondering about pump out services for holding tanks. How do you handle it, do you call them or do they just drive about looking for folks that need their service or is it on a schedule that the come to certain areas on certain days? Also how about fresh water and propane? Or are there such convinces available to the people that are there?

I know a lot of questions but we want to be prepared and ready for it if we go.

Thanks,

Butch

There are pump out services available, depending where you camp. In some of the more developed areas the pump out trucks may make regular drive-through a on certain someone days. In other areas you need to call them and be able to tell them your location.

Additional, there are two full service stations available in town if you want to drive to them. In a efficient chain they can pump out your tanks, fill your fresh water, and even provide propane.
One of these is north of I-10 on Hwy 95 and the other is on Kuehn street east of 95. I prefer the latter as it is a bit closer to where I camp....which is fairly far down 95 at mile post 99 area.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The pump out has been hit and miss. Heard rumors some went out of business. There is water, propane, and dump 24/7 north of I-10 a couple of miles on hwy 95, east side of highway. They charge but reasonable. I try to get there early in the morning to dump. They handle everyone pretty fast