cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Report: Falling Waters State Park, Chipley, FL

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer

The campground at Falling Waters State Recreation Area (SRA), or State Park, depending upon to whom you listen, is set in a woodsy environment. The campground road is old but it's fine. Let's just say it has a little character. It's a little narrow, however. Except for the Accessible sites which have concrete pads the campsites themselves are sandy and in many you'll be quite close to your neighbors. Some sites are too small for RVs. Others, according to data on ReserveAmerica can handle rigs to 45'. It feels a little closed-in here. The campground is nice enough, it's lovely in fact, but having just come from Gunter Hill it was a little bit of a let down, but most places would be after having just been at Gunter Hill.

What you've just read is an excerpt from the Full Report on my free blog. Should you care to read the full report it's available along with many others, boondocing reports, interviews, user reports, great photography and more, all free. If you like it enter your email address where it says Follow Russ and you'll get email notifications when I make new posts.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
2 REPLIES 2

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
A favorite CG for us, does get a bit of over nite stays though.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Falling Waters Christmas week of 2013. We had a wonderful time and I found NOTHING wrong with any of the campsites. And our camper is 35 and 1/2 feet long and the truck is 23 feet long.