cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV park reviews hijacked?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I select California, I get redirected to an ad, different ones with each attempt. I am using an I phone and clear the history and power off the phone with each attempt. Frustrating!
16 REPLIES 16

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
The issue with RV park reviews and all of the unwanted stuff has stopped for now, but I still don't know what caused it or how to get rid of it if it happens again. I was on an I phone 6 using the safari browser when the issue began. Thanks to all who tried to help!

docj
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
RVcrazy wrote:
I have already cleared the history & cookies from Safari & turned off the phone to reset it several times... Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Could try posting the question on the RVPR forum. They are usually good about helping out with IT issues.

Mike

As an admin on RVPR, I can say that no one has posted anything on our forum about this issue yet. If it continues please report it and be as explicit as to computer type, browser, etc, as you can.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
I am having the same problem with my iPad. it is an intermittent problem and not tied to any particular review/state.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
I have already cleared the history & cookies from Safari & turned off the phone to reset it several times... Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Could try posting the question on the RVPR forum. They are usually good about helping out with IT issues.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Just tried Calfornia on both my iPad and iPhone and it worked fine; no pop-ups or advertising.

I'm using wifi thru my Canadian provider.

frmAloha
Explorer
Explorer
Having the same problem with my iPad when I try to check on the latest reviews.
Oregon Native
Retired w/
2000 31' SurfSide
Class A

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Just tried it with Android and the Opera browser. No popups, but the blocker blocked 9 ads.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried it from my work iPhone (and I won't do that again!) I was bombarded with ads and multiple sites trying to open. Not sure what's different for some people. So RVCrazy isn't crazy.

ios 10.0.2 here.

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
SAR Tracker wrote:
RVcrazy wrote:
Every time I select California, I get redirected to an ad, different ones with each attempt. I am using an I phone and clear the history and power off the phone with each attempt. Frustrating!

Dump your cookies and internet history.

Me like cookies especially oatmeal.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:

Dump your cookies and internet history.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
He must be a good sam member:B

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Works fine for us.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
California came up fine here in the Android app.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate