cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks in Moab UT

Bruce_H
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Moab UT mid Sept/13,considering staying at either the Spanish Trail RV Park or The Portal RV Park,comments on either?
We will be travelling in a 42 ft DP,and our friends will be pulling a 32 ft.5th WH.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at OK RV last year, it's about a mile from Spanish Fork but not on the main drag. Lots quieter.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Clattertruck
Explorer
Explorer
Moab Valley is a nice park, but the last time we stayed there early this summer the WFI was terrible.
Clattertruck
2008 SD F450 Pickup PSD 6.4L CC 4X4 DRW, Lariat Auto trans 4.30 LS, 2013 Lance TT 1885, Toyota 2014 Tundra Crew Max 5.7.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
That is not exactly right about 5ers not being allowed in the owner's section. We have a 5er and stayed there. They DO have rules on age of RV's and something I have never seen anyplace before (and we have been to 160 or so RV parks) the age restrictions are different for moho's as the are for 5er's. In any case, see their website.

I would stay there or Moab Valley by first choice. Spanish Trail changed ownership about 5 years ago I think (thank God) and is fine as well. Only downside is that it is way south of town and Arches and Island In The Sky section of Canyonlands are north of Moab. We have been to Moab 5 or 6 times and love it.

Ruby's is fine and we will be there again this Fall.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Bruce_H
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your comments/suggestions.This is our first trip to Moab,heard lotsof good things about the area. We are travelling with friends who have a 5th,so wouldnt be able to stay in the owners section of Portal RV.
After spending 3 days in Moab,we are moving on to Bryce Canyon,planning on staying at Ruby's RV Park,looks like less choices in that area,any other comments or suggestions?
Thanks Again

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Portal last time there. They have two sections: public and owners. Public narrow and gravel beds. Owners larger and concrete pads. We booked public and pulled in to site then went back to office and moved to owners section. Just a few bucks more but nice section.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

nunya
Explorer
Explorer
both are nice, might look at the OK RV Park also, very quiet place to stay. Thanks!

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Spanish Trail last year and liked it just fine. It's just a few miles south of Moab and the scenery is great.

Have you been to Moab before? That was our first time there and I cannot say enough about the area...so much to see--even above Arches and Cloudland. I know you are going to love it!

I noticed on their website, there is a coupon for 10% off through November if you mention the ad...

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stay a couple times a year in the Portal owners section. Nice pool, hot tub and showers. Great dog park. Check rvparkreviews.com for reviews on both.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!