cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Savanah, ga

rthibodaux
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Savanah next week, looking for the best CG in the area, thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
X4 on Skidaway. We were just there for a little over a week in July. Beautiful campground... among the best we'd ever stayed. Our site was enormous, sheltered under huge Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss. Full hookups, 50 amp, with cable to boot. Good location as well. About 30 minutes or less to downtown Savannah, and 45 minutes or so to Tybee Island. The kids are back in school there and this is not their busy season, so you shouldn't have a problem getting a reservation.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Tybee Island is worth considering
if you like being near the water
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway gets my vote. Our pull-thru site was more than long enough for two of my trailers and-to-end. It's also a beautiful park.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
Kinda late looking for sites. Most will be full as school is starting soon.o

Actually, the Savannah-Chatham School District starting school August 3, so school has already started and your post is wrong.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda late looking for sites. Most will be full as school is starting soon.o

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway State Park is close to the city with huge sites and huge live oaks with spanish moss. Some of the newer full hookup sites are very long pull throughs. All sites are large.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like Skidaway Island state park. Easy driving distance to Savannah. Nice park with some full hookup sites.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
We like the RED Gate. Close to downtown, on a farm (kind of interesting with the animals) not many sites but large sites. We tried Savanah Oakes as well but location was poor, smaller sites, lots of trees.