cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short RV Park/Campground Website Poll

moreroad
Explorer
Explorer
I am doing a study to determine the benefits RVers receive from RV Park websites.

We are starting with a very simple poll and would really appreciate as many results as follows. Results will be published in this Forum

Please pick one answer:

Question 1
Does the quality of a Park Website (old, not maintained, dated look, lack of photos, etc.) affect your decision when booking a reservation?

• It does not affect our decision
  • It affects our decision somewhat
  • It affects our decision a lot of the time
  • It affects our decision significantly

Thanks to all who respond.

Scott Charters
  • The Charters Family
    Me my Wife and now one kid (unless he brings a friend) and 2 dogs,
    2004 Southwind 32VS
    2009 Jeep Wrangler (TOAD)
    MorePro Marketing Inc
    47 REPLIES 47

Roy_Lynne
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decision somewhat

Bob806
    Explorer III
    Explorer III
    moreroad wrote:
    I am doing a study to determine the benefits RVers receive from RV Park websites.

Question 1
    Does the quality of a Park Website (old, not maintained, dated look, lack of photos, etc.) affect your decision when booking a reservation?

• It affects our decision somewhat

• I like to look at other info as well, like reviews by people who stayed there.

DeanRIowa
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decisions greatly but enough positive reviews can overcome some of those issues.

Dean
    2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
    2016 Silverado
    DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

WayneLee
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decision significantly.

Wayne Lee
    Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

Alfred622
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decision significantly

I want to see photos of the campsites.. more than just one or two.. and the facilities - baths/showers etc - office and entrance. I like to have rate information easily found. Also, how to make reservations should be clear. Finally, directions to find the park - even GPS coords that I can feed into my Garmin.
    Alfred
    2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
    Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Tvov
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Padlin wrote:
    For me it's the actual content of the website, not the mechanics of the website. I've seen some that looked like they were done by the CG owner, nothing fancy. Had all the pertinent info along with a CG map. If it sounds and looks like what we want as long as they provide a phone number, I'm good.

So I guess I'd pick the 1st entry.

Actually.... I agree you, but I think that puts me in the #3, affects a lot, camp. I like a website that is up to date and has the info I want. Pictures help, but not critical.

Having said that; If I have not been in an area and especially know nothing about the campground, the campground website can make a big impression on me. But I do know of campgrounds that are fantastic but have terrible websites - like many state park campgrounds!

Yes, in "today's world", a good, up to date website can really help a campground.

frank-2
    Explorer
    Explorer

doxiemom11
    Explorer II
    Explorer II
    It affects our decision significantly.

The single thing that will keep me from visiting a campground is current rate information. I am on the road, I am not going to call all the campgrounds to see what their rates are. If one is not posted, I move to the next campground on my list until I find one that sounds decent and is in our price range. Another pet peeve -- pictures - but none of the camping sites. I could care less what your laundry room looks like - I want pictures of the camp sites - more than 1 - not just the 1 pretty one.

Padlin
    Explorer
    Explorer
    For me it's the actual content of the website, not the mechanics of the website. I've seen some that looked like they were done by the CG owner, nothing fancy. Had all the pertinent info along with a CG map. If it sounds and looks like what we want as long as they provide a phone number, I'm good.

So I guess I'd pick the 1st entry.
    Happy Motoring
    Bob & Deb

W Ma.
    12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
    14 Escape 5.0 TA

RognBon
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It does not affect our decision.
    RognBon
    1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
    Cummins 8.3 325 HP
    2008 Ford Edge Toad

Nunyadamn
    Explorer
    Explorer

If they can't keep up on updating their website, I ask myself subconsciously, will they keep up with their facilities.
    2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
    2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

Matt_Colie
    Explorer
    Explorer
    We are an "A lot of the time" entry.
    The pictures are useless, but they better have contact information. We are traveler and not campers, so we may only have an idea where the next "End of Day" will fall. But the final judgement will be the RV Park Reviews write up.

Matt
    Matt & Mary Colie
    A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Lantley
    Nomad
    Nomad
    It affects our decision somewhat.
    I want facts and info more than marketing info. I don't need pictures of events,buildings,other campers! etc. In most cases pictures are misleading.
    Keep it simple rules, rates, directions, pictures of actual camp sites.
    19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
    BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
    Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
    BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
    Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
    Correct Trax,Splendide

tnscoutr
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Significantly
    06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
    2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS

garmp
    Explorer II
    Explorer II
    Photos mean a lot to me. But I have worked in the advertising/marketing industry for a while & know how they can be slanted. By the same token I don't want to be camping in the middle of a field. Trees, shrubbery, and growies are nice. But there again we consider ourselves campers rather than RV'ers. Don't care about satellite reception nor pull thru's. But that's us.
    Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!