cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short term rentals - Florida Gulf Coast

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer
I am posting this for a recently retired friend of mine--not an RV'er--who has been dreaming of spending a few months in Florida his first retirement winter. He is presently in Florida staying at a crummy motel looking for an inexpensive two month rental--a studio or one bedroom suite that is affordable--under $700. a month. Is that even feasible? I've tried posting some ads on Kijiji and Craigslist, but does anyone have any advice for him?
4 REPLIES 4

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Call Big Oaks RV Park in Inglis FL. They have rentals. They also have Veterans RV Park in Inglis to help provide housing for Veterans. 352-447-5333. http://www.bigoaksriverresort.com/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
He should also check on AirBnB.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
It depends on where he is and what he needs. If he is in one of the small communities in the Panhandle, that is enough for a nice cottage. Fully furnished places are harder to find though. I suggest that he try Vacation Rentals by Owner (VRBO)and/or HomeAway and see if he can find an owner that will negotiate with him for a longer rental. He might also look at Craigslist in nearby cities. lizzie

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Go vrbo. Vacation Rent By Owner. There is an option for Florida. There are always last minute cancellations. You deal directly with ownerd. Might need to move every few weeks and increase his budget. 1100 a month might find a small mobile home.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel