cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbird Signing off for last time

olygene
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for 12 years of great information, humor, and assistance on RVnet. My wife and I enjoyed every mile of our RV travels but my health has deteriorated to the point that I had to sell my MH yesterday. I held out as long as I could but everyone reaches a stage when it's time to quit. It wasn't safe for me, or for other travelers on the road, for me to continue driving. Last year, we took a bucket list trip to Alaska while I was suffering from cancer and it was made possible after input from so many of you when I asked about special foods I could find to eat on the Alaskan hwy. I just want to say that I had the time of my life on the road over the years and that time was made so much easier with all the info all of you passed on in the forum. Thank you so very much. And Safe Travel to all of you.
22 REPLIES 22

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
My prayers for your health and thanks for sharing
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry to learn of the health issues but delighted that you had a good run there, both the years and the Alaska trip. I'm sure you have the best wishes of everyone here.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Stop back. You have experience and wisdom to share.
I know I'm always learning something on the forum.
I hope you overcome your health problems.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So glad you were able to make the Alaska trip. Sorry to hear about your health problems, though. Best wishes and good luck.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We wish the best to you. Enjoy those memories! Hope you'll contribute some of your helpful information on this forum.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck to you and THANK YOU for hanging out here. You know you can still frequent the forums and share your knowledge & experience with others.
pawatt

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Take care and best of luck to you.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck to you