cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St. Augustine/Hilton Head/Savannah

acut2660
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some suggestions on where to go. Looking at the week of December 28th. Been looking into St. Augustine, Hilton Head, and Savannah. Young family with kids. I am off from work and they have off from school. Even though the weather has been unseasonably warm up here in the northeast, looking to just get away and enjoy the week. Anyone travel to these areas this time of year with a family? Is it too quiet or are these areas south enough where area attractions are open, and weather is still warm? As for how warm, I would be fine with 40 degree highs, but my better half is probably looking for 60-70 degree highs.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
19 REPLIES 19

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Check Weatherbase. Nobody can predict future weather with perfect accuracy, but this site will show you weather stats for hundreds of cities/towns within each state, by month, over several years. Its free.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Been to St Augustine in Dec/Jan - quite lively; If you get a chance head down to Cape Canaveral for a FULL day of amazing entertainment.
Gerry

JoeTampa
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in St. Augustine the 27th through the 29th, staying at the Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort. We will have our 3 kids with us as well. Highs should be around the mid 70's, lows around 60; of course that could change by then, but I don't think you'll need winter apparel. ๐Ÿ™‚
2006 Keystone Cougar 243RKS (First trailer)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (Traded in)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS (Current)
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.6L Duramax Diesel (LBZ)
Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 WDH
Prodigy P2 BC
Amateur Call AB2M

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of thing for children to do in St. Augustine and most are low cost, some are free. lizzie

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would think St. Augustine would be a good choice with children. Savanah is ok,
Some interesting things for kids. To me, when I have been to Hilton Head, it is more adult oriented. Have a good trip wherever you choose. Quality time with the kiddos is what counts the most.