cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for N. Ca and Oregon sights

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I've got 5 days next month uncommitted between Morro Bay, Ca and Bend, Or. and looking for suggestions. Already spent time in the Bay Area and Ca. coast from Morro Bay to Bodega Bay plus Tahoe, Yosemite and Sierras. But I've not spent any time around Mt. Shasta or N. Ca.

In Oregon, I've spent a few days along the coast and I've got plans for Crater Lake and South Beach SP, but might spend some more time along the coast. Anyway, thanks for any inputs.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos
8 REPLIES 8

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Row River Rail Trail, Cottage Grove, Oregon
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
I just returned from a trip up the Oregon Coast and my two favorite SP were Beachside SP just south of Waldport and Cape Lookout was Awesome near Tillamook. The town of Newport was cool and taking in the sights around Cape lookout are always good.

gat75
Explorer
Explorer
* Yes, Crater Lake is a must, the sunsets are amazing.
* Also, DW & I really enjoyed the logging museum located approx 30 miles from C Lake.
* We likewise enjoyed the Crystal Beach area, (loved watching/listening to the sea lions and/or seals at the city wharf).

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Murphsmom wrote:
McMinnville if you get that far north on I5. The Evergreen Air and Space Museum is something not to be missed. Lots of good wineries in the area, too.

You didn't say if you will be going through Sisters. There are several big events there during the summer, the largest of which is the outdoor quilt show on the second Saturday in July. Very few places to stay that weekend, as it is probably the world's largest outdoor quilt show. There is also a rodeo weekend and a classic car show, but I am not sure of the dates on those.

Our job site in Redmond will give us ez access to the quilt show. Thanks for the other suggestions.
Larry Day
Rig Photos

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
5 days at LaPine State Park would be a great start. Nice park with easy access to the river. Short drive to Newberry Caldera, Lava Cast Forest, the High Desert Museum, numerous lava caves, plus Lava River Caves.

Thanks, we will be on a job site in Redmond for 5 weeks so plan on day trips to all these sites.
Larry Day
Rig Photos

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
McMinnville if you get that far north on I5. The Evergreen Air and Space Museum is something not to be missed. Lots of good wineries in the area, too.

You didn't say if you will be going through Sisters. There are several big events there during the summer, the largest of which is the outdoor quilt show on the second Saturday in July. Very few places to stay that weekend, as it is probably the world's largest outdoor quilt show. There is also a rodeo weekend and a classic car show, but I am not sure of the dates on those.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Burney Falls in northern CA.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
5 days at LaPine State Park would be a great start. Nice park with easy access to the river. Short drive to Newberry Caldera, Lava Cast Forest, the High Desert Museum, numerous lava caves, plus Lava River Caves.