cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tennessee

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Well once again we are tapping the group for information. We are planning a trip to Tennessee and need to know of your favorite state park, rv park or national park. Also is the best time to go in October, November or wait until the spring? Nashville area will be the general area. Thanks in advance. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
22 REPLIES 22

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
Check out Fall Creek State Park about 100 east of Nashville Also the COE parks east of Nashville.

X2, and also Cumberland mountain state park near crossville.

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Seven Points Core Of Engineer Campground. Beautiful sites on a lake about 20 minutes east of downtown. Reservations are usually necessary.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We like the Nashville KOA.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Cedars of Lebanon is a nice state park, they just got through renovating Camp Ground 3, they also have #2 and #1. I don't know their schedule on redoing #1. Henry Horton to the south of Nashville is a nice one. Most of the Army Corps Campgrounds open late and close early. One that many forget about is Poole Knobs near Lavergne, TN.
Mark

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at the Holiday Travel Park in Chattanooga on our way to Florida from the Midwest. We like our full hookups, cable TV, etc. being city-folk.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Fall Creek State Park about 100 east of Nashville Also the COE parks east of Nashville.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Peak leaf color is the 3rd-4th week in October. Even if you can't get a site at Montgomery Bell State Park, spend some time there. There are lots of trails for hiking, historical interest, and beautiful scenery. (I live close by.) Cedars of Lebanon State Park is east of Nashville, and very nice.

Also go on ReserveAmerica or RVparkReviews and look for the COE campgrounds in the area. They are very nice.

You will NOT go wrong spending time in Tennessee's great state parks.

Take a day and head west up I-24 to Land Between the Lakes. It's a Forest Service facility (formerly TVA) and has a ton of cool stuff, including the elk and bison prairie, a restoration of a 1850's farm, and much beautiful scenery.

If you like history, the area around Nashville and Franklin is rich. President Andrew Jackson's home, The Hermitage, is in Nashville. There are several well-preserved ante-bellum homes in Franklin, TN and an entire battlefields (Stones River) in Murfreesboro.

The Natchez Trace Parkway begins just west of Nashville. Take it down through Tennessee for beautiful drive with waterfalls.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Montgomery Bell State Park is the only place near Nashville we've been. It's a real nice park and has some sites with sewer. October is leaf season and sites are likely already booked up. Early November isn't bad camping weather, but you may see lows near freezing.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD