cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thonosassa Florida

barnrt
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know about rvparks in Thonosassa, near Tampa, Florida? Reviews are kind of old.
10 REPLIES 10

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Traveler is mostly year round and snow birds. We stayed there during the fall/winter time around football season while our youngest was a student getting his Masters in Mechanical Engineering from USF (2005-2010). Although the park is old, they have pleasant persons running the operation and we felt quite safe during our stays. The park is the closest to downtown Tampa on Fowler Ave about 1/4 mile east of I-75. A convenient large grocery store is located about 1/2 mile further east.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We like Quail Run RV in Wesley Chapel FL.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Tampa East RV Resort, which is on the line between Thonosassa and Dover at exit 14. They have specials running all the time and if you make reservations then they offer a lower price, they will honor it upon arrival.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

AJB
Explorer
Explorer
There is "Spanish Main" which is across the street from "Southern Aire".
Like most places in this area older but nice. Some permanent, some snowbirds.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed my stay at hillsbourgh river. Another place close Tampa its Bay Bayou but it cost more. This christmas I will be at the silver dollar rv resort.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I stayed at Happy Traveler for a couple of nights. Gravel sites, decent space between units. Wifi was fair and bathrooms clean.
I would consider Zephyrhills approximately 13 miles north.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
barnrt wrote:
OP.... I mean around the town . There are two parks I noticed|. Happy Traveler and Southern Aire. Any others?

Go to Woodalls.com and a search on Thonotosassa, FL. It'll list others in the area.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Happy Traveler for a few days in December 2006. It was a while ago so things may have changed since then but as I recall the sites were grass and fairly close together. We were visiting family and didn't spend much time at the park but it was fine for a few days. I just took a look at RV Park reviews and the latest reviews from February 2013 were very good. Have you considered Hillsborough River State Park? It's not very far from there and is one of our favorite Florida state parks. We have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it.
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com

barnrt
Explorer
Explorer
OP.... I mean around the town . There are two parks I noticed|. Happy Traveler and Southern Aire. Any others?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
barnrt wrote:
Anyone know about rvparks in Thonosassa, near Tampa, Florida? Reviews are kind of old.

Thonotosassa, FL is a town. What park are you speaking of?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006