cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling east using I90

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving early October from green bay and traveling to Rochestor, NY via I-90. Have heard that truck stops on toll roads have RV park associated with them. Is this true and has anyone actually stayed overnite at them? Realize they are not resorts, but rather overnite stops.

On my return, looking to go south via I71 or I77 thru to I40 and onto memphis. Assuming fall colors will be at their height. Sound OK?
Kennyg
6 REPLIES 6

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in the RV sites on the Ohio Turnpike. It was surprising to us how quite it got later at night. We have stayed at 3 different locations over the years and slept fine at each of them.
Police come through every once in awhile. Seems to be part of the patrol route. Plus they can use the restrooms and get coffee inside the plaza.
In the morning you can walk across the road and get coffee and whatever in the Plazza. It works for us. You also have electric to run your air if you need it.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
Cabala's in Mitchel has a real nice lot for RV overnights.

Don8ch
Explorer
Explorer
Rickieblue wrote:
I would highly recommend going east in Erie Pennsylvania on 86/17 which is called the Southerntier Expressway, and going to 390, then going north to Rochester. You will see much beautiful scenery!! Also...exit 7 on 390 will put you about 3 miles from Letchworth State Park which was voted best in the nation in 2015 Letchworth also known as the Grand Canyon of the East. I live very close to Letchworth and would highly recommend visiting. Good Luck!! .............Rick

I agree with Rick's recommendation but for another reason. We just drove the New York Thruway part from PA stateline to Buffalo and turned over $15.90 in tolls for our RV and toad. In spite of the toll the road was in poor condition especially the area through the Indian reservation.
Don

2014 Newmar Ventana 4037
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Crew cab, long box

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RV spaces we saw at one tollroad plaza (I believe in Ohio) looked like the edges of the big parking lot, not actual pull-thru sites.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Rickieblue
Explorer
Explorer
I would highly recommend going east in Erie Pennsylvania on 86/17 which is called the Southerntier Expressway, and going to 390, then going north to Rochester. You will see much beautiful scenery!! Also...exit 7 on 390 will put you about 3 miles from Letchworth State Park which was voted best in the nation in 2015 Letchworth also known as the Grand Canyon of the East. I live very close to Letchworth and would highly recommend visiting. Good Luck!! .............Rick
2000 Damon Escaper...model 3980 Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins ISC 8.3 liter 330 HP, Allison MD3060 6 speed automatic
Pretty much bullet proof drivetrain

Pepperoni
Explorer
Explorer
Kennyg wrote:
Leaving early October from green bay and traveling to Rochestor, NY via I-90. Have heard that truck stops on toll roads have RV park associated with them. Is this true and has anyone actually stayed overnite at them? Realize they are not resorts, but rather overnite stops.

On my return, looking to go south via I71 or I77 thru to I40 and onto memphis. Assuming fall colors will be at their height. Sound OK?

Service Plaza RV Facilities

OVERNIGHT PARKING FOR RVS AND TRAVEL TRAILERS
Eight service plazas* listed above offer overnight parking areas for RVs and travel trailers. The parking areas are open for occupancy for one night only and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. RV parking areas offer electrical outlets (20 and 30-120V; 50 AMP-240V), a wastewater dump station and potable water filling station for a $20.00 fee. Click HERE for more general information and rules for the RV parking areas.

See also below URL for off-turnpike rv parks

I90 RV Stops