cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip to Branson Mo.

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All: We are planning a trip to Branson MO. in our 5th wheel. Plenty of campgrounds in the area. We would like to attend some shows in Branson. Our tow truck is a dodge 2500 long bed. Parking is always a problem in busy cities. Is there any of the campgrounds in the area that have van service to the downtown area where the shows are held? Does the city bus stop at any of the campgrounds and then go to the downtown area? Thanks for the comments. Jim2007.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel
8 REPLIES 8

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the College of the Ozarks and Cooper Creek CG. Also eat at the restaurant at the College. For those that don't know the College doesn't charge any tuition however, ALL students have to WORK for their tuition! Google "College of the Ozarks"
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi... thanks to those that responded to my question about Branson,Mo.. Jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
College of the Ozarks' Ralph Foster Museum is a must see. (I'm guessing many shows had not opened their season yet in March.) I would not worry about driving/parking. I suggest Cooper Creek campground on the shore of Taneycomo.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
We were there in March. We were disappointed with the shows: you won't find any "big names" there. Scenery was nice but the weather was horrendous at the time: Branson Landing flooded. A high point for us was visiting College of the Ozarks (Work U).
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed in the campground right on the river/lake in downtown Branson, very close to everything and a great RV park, and yes they have bus service and walking distance to the Bass Pro shop and other stores.

Branson Lakeside RV Park
www.bransonlakesidervpark.com

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
A trip aboard the paddlewheeler is fun and entertaining.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at the KOA a half mile or so off the strip a few years ago. They ran a shuttle to/from the shows then, but not sure they still do. We did not use the shuttle and had no problem parking the F350 crew cab long bed at any of the shows or the old downtown shopping area.

Look at the Branson web site and their map. The shows are scattered over a very wide area, primarily along "the strip" stretching a couple miles or more to the west of downtown.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
We have never had a problem parking at the various theaters. They are geared for any vehicles and most have people directing you where to park.

The shows are not in a "downtown" area but are spread out along "the strip", with a few being off the strip. Downtown is mainly shops, along with a mall.