cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tucson KOA - Road Noise

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
In looking at google maps it appears Benson Highway which borders the KOA is a 4 lane highway. Looking at back in sites that back up to the highway for a 30 day stay. Can anyone give me a realistic idea of how much noise we can expect. Will be doing a lot of touristy stuff every day and want to come back to a nice site without a lot of noise distraction. Thanks and happy travels
10 REPLIES 10

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
Geobiker wrote:
Thanks so much to all who responded. Now, if I can only get in. Looks like they don't offer monthly rates. UGH!

As a second choice I am looking at Voyager, but the reviews quite often mention the manufactured homes area is beautiful; the RV section.. not so much. One of the draws for us to the KOA is the large and well landscaped sites.

Any thoughts on Voyager if I cannot get in for a month at KOA? As I mentioned in original post. Hoping to do touristy stuff during the day and spend evenings relaxing outside at the RV.

Thanks again for your input

KOA does have monthly rates but you have to call. We are there Feb and March.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Voyager would be my second choice - have stayed there in the past but not 2003 when we moved to the area!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much to all who responded. Now, if I can only get in. Looks like they don't offer monthly rates. UGH!

As a second choice I am looking at Voyager, but the reviews quite often mention the manufactured homes area is beautiful; the RV section.. not so much. One of the draws for us to the KOA is the large and well landscaped sites.

Any thoughts on Voyager if I cannot get in for a month at KOA? As I mentioned in original post. Hoping to do touristy stuff during the day and spend evenings relaxing outside at the RV.

Thanks again for your input

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was there for ten days last month. We live in rural Colorado. So, we are sensitive to noise. There is the typical background noise of an urban setting. Lots of sirens and loud exhaust. Loudest thing is the jets from the nearby AF base. They start flying around 7 am. Don't remember hearing them during the night.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
The only noise we've had whenever at the Tucson/Lazy Days KOA was from the militery a/c in the pattern next door. ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Noise has never been a problem when I have stayed there.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed there many times in the last 5 years. Never herd any traffic noise.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
I know the area well - live near Tucson and to into that area quite a bit. I do not think road noise will be an issue and I have never heard that mentioned as such. And I recommend the KOA while in Tucson.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
stayed there numerous times some years ago and I dont remember noise being a problem. Havent stayed recently but at that time dont think traffic was very heavy evenings and nights.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Have never been there myself, but in the review section of the camp ground there was no mention of road noise. Only noise complaints which were very few was kids as usual.

If your 55+ I'd look at Rincon Country West RV Park