cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

universal orlando meal deals

didi
Explorer
Explorer
what is your opinion on the meal deals? is it worth it to purchase this deal, thank you

2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'
See More. Do More. Live More.
4 REPLIES 4

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
didi wrote:
what is your opinion on the meal deals? is it worth it to purchase this deal, thank you

We went to Universal in April and thought about the meal deal. It really depends on how much food you plan to eat. We usually don't eat more than 1 meal when we go to any park (Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc) it's just too much food. We decided not to get the meal deal, ate one meal each day (we went three days) and didn't need a second meal at either park.

If I'm not mistaken, the meal deals are only good at certain restaurants. So it may not even work out for you if you don't like the restaurants that participate. We did buy the re-fillable ($1/refill) souvenir popcorn bucket to snack on and brought it with us all three days.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

bsshelby
Explorer
Explorer
I just re-read your post and realized you were asking about Universal Studios not Disney. Sorry about that, I know nothing about Universal's meal plans.

bsshelby
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few factors. If you can go in Sept, some times in Oct. and stay in a moderate resort, not Fort Wilderness, you can get free Disney dining plan, which is a great deal. There are other times of the year that it is also available. Staying at FW you have to pay for the dining plan. I just made reservations for this fall at FW and the meal plan would have been an additional (if I remember correctly) $1200 for 4 people for 7 days. For me, it just wasn't worth it. We just went last fall with a group of 29 and did the free dining plan and it was great, but not $1200 great. The other issue is you need to make the dining reservations several months in advance to get the resturants you would probably want at the time you would like. The earliest to make reservations is exactly 6 months prior to the first day of your stay. I would advise going to touringplans.com to decide which park you wanted to go to on each day according to the crowd level in each respective park. Then decide the best resturant at that park, not all Disney dining plan resturants are in parks. It's not as complicated as it might sound. Call Disney and see how much it would be for the number in your party and the number of days, it might be worth it to you. This fall will be my 59th trip to Disney World.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try asking at a Magic Kingdom / Orlando area forum such as this.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS