cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vogel SP Blairville Ga.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about doing a week at this park in Sept. Went to the Ga. SP web site and saw pics of the park but none of the campground or campsites. Does anyone have any pics they'd like to share along with any critiques. Thanks for the help, no substitute for experience.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
5 REPLIES 5

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics JGRVing thanks.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We camped there for years with a truck and trailer similar in length to yours with no problem. Plenty of shade there and they do have pull throughs as well. It's first come, first served site-wise which we prefer.

It's our favorite park of all the GA SPs.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

JGRVING
Explorer
Explorer
I may have some more pics. of the actual campsites at home. I'll check and if I do I'll post them.
JENNIFER AND DUANE
BUFORD, GA
'10 STARCRAFT TRAVELSTAR 217RBSS
2002 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 4.10
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME

JGRVING
Explorer
Explorer
I posted pictures from Vogel on page 205 of the "Post your campsite photos here" thread. Although the roads are tight, there were some huge 5th wheels, TT's and MH's there when we went and they didn't seem to have any problem. We've only camped there once but have been on several day trips to Vogel, it's a nice park with creeks flowing and a nice lake. Several waterfalls in the area also. Jennifer
JENNIFER AND DUANE
BUFORD, GA
'10 STARCRAFT TRAVELSTAR 217RBSS
2002 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 4.10
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Love the park so don't be put off by my info: maneuvering in some loops is difficult with larger rigs. Some sites not so level. Lots of trees so you probably won't get satellite. Creek runs through park. Swimming in lake. Not near town so take everything you need with you. They do have a small store at the campground. When you arrive, they tell you to go pick a spot. Problem is with your rig you can't unhook. They might take you to look for a site on a golf cart (don't remember). Our favorite spot is 32 on the creek, across a little bridge but not sure if you could back into that site. Another site we chose was site #2 right as you enter the first loop. One of the loops has a very tight turn around. They told us about it when we checked in. You can make it but it's not fun. Here's a link to the volunteer site (33 or 34) photo: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pbandjadventures.com/Places/Vogel%2520State%2520Park/Images/Vogel%2520State%2520Park%25202011%2520c%2520(101).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pbandjadventures.com/Places/Vogel%2520State%2520Park/Vogel%2520State%2520Park.htm&h=600&w=800&sz=248&tbnid=5srABx2fw5T5xM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&zoom=1&usg=__n3rsvPBowyF70QXvkVqesBWGbJQ=&docid=b3adidqnFuo_sM&sa=X&ei=lizAUbqYLeer0AGH4YDYDA&ved=0CDEQ9QEwAQ&dur=455 maybe somebody can do the clicky. Can't seem to get it to work.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi