cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water in Yuma?

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know where we can fill our water tanks in Yuma?

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm. Various places in town charge a few pennies per gallon for water. In order to fill your tank, I guess you have to have a good "cents of Yuma."

Sorry.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember that the drinkability of the city water is in the eyes of the beholder. We have always hooked up to the city water and used it for everything and I never gave it a second thought when drinking it right out of the tap.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Try here water, propane etc, caters to RV's.
http://rvpitstopaz.com/fees

Thanks Edd505! We ended up going to RVPitstop and it was cheap and easy - kind of like--- oh never mind.

Only cost $4 for the fill and didn't take long at all.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Try here water, propane etc, caters to RV's.
http://rvpitstopaz.com/fees
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody for your input. It's good to have options.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Another place if heading west on 8 is Grays well rest area. It's a few miles west of Ogilby Road.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't want to fool around in town, on Foothills Blvd South,there is a water kiosk on the west side of the street, 5 gallon for 25 cents, not room for campers though. Disregard the sign that says 5 gallon for 50 cents, as this is an new kiosk and owner has a special on. On out Foothills Blvd. is the same vendor with 5 kiosks at 5 for 50 and plenty of room for rigs. In the middle is a large hose but you will need an adaptor if filling RV tank. Beside Dollar General.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Got Dirt? wrote:
rjxj wrote:
I often go to the water store at ave B and W 8th Street. Drive through under a canopy with large hoses for fast fill. Across the street is the party store with propane.

That sounds like just the place I'm looking for - what do they charge?

You are asking me to remember the difficult part. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it was $3.00 for 20 gallons

I really like the ball valves at that place compared to some of the water stations. The handles at those places have to be held on all the time and it kills my hand. Some are unbelievably slow.

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
I often go to the water store at ave B and W 8th Street. Drive through under a canopy with large hoses for fast fill. Across the street is the party store with propane.

That sounds like just the place I'm looking for - what do they charge?

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
Hey - thanks for the info. Drinking water is what we need. Yikes! Is the city water that bad? Wow!

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the quality of water you want.

Regular city water in Yuma is basically undrinkable.

There are numerous water stations all over Yuma that has salt free drinkable water.

I believe some of the stations have bulk water at 10 cents a gallon.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might check out the Truck Stops that supports RV fuel Islands etc. I think they also might have water fill up as well...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS