Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waterfront campgrounds in Indiana

ffmd212
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for campgrounds in Indiana that have waterfront sites. I have a TT and the wife and I love to fish, and camp next to water. Thanks for any advice!
Jim
10 REPLIES 10

TheAmRheins
Explorer
Explorer
Paynetown on Lake Monroe has a few campsites that are on the water, you can tell by the campground map which ones are close to water.

Also, if you have a smaller RV, Ceraland near Columbus has lakefront sites, we are too big with our 40 ft fifth wheel to fit on those ๐Ÿ˜ž
Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Not on a lake but a great little campground on the river.

The problem with most Indiana lakes are they are part of flood control reservoirs and they do not develop the campgrounds right on the lakes because they would be in the flood plain.

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
Hidden Paradise Campground in St. Paul has sites that are on the Flatrock River, and Little Farm On The River Campground in Rising Sun has sites on the Ohio River.
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to look up Patoka Reservoir, located in southern Indiana.
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Shafer. There's a family amusement park with a campground with lots of water sites. Sorry I can't remember the name at the moment. It should be easy to find.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just south of you in KY there are lots of them in the land between the lakes area.
bumpy

INBellbuoy
Explorer
Explorer
Pic-A-Spot on Little Barbee Lake of the Barbee Chain. Not many else I can think of at the moment.
INBellbuoy, wife of 36 yrs, 19 yr old son, & Scruffy the Goldendoodle, 2007 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab, 2005 Lund 1800 Explorer w/ 90 hp Yamaha & Minn Kota I-Pilot Link , 2006 Host Yukon W/ Tent 80W solar panel

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, when it comes to lakes, especially natural lakes, Indiana got the short end of the stick.
Having said that, there are some CGs I've used that are NEAR major water bodies, but the campsites are not ON the lakeshore.

Indiana Dunes state park...on Lake Michigan
Indiana Dunes national lakeshore...on Lake Michigan
Hoosier National Forest, Hardin ridge Recreation Area..on Monroe Reservoir.... A huge campground, with visitor center, hook ups, large boat ramp, etc.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
IN.gov offers some options. The Good Sam site has a "find a campground" feature as well. campindiana.com is an option and you can chose "boating and/or fishing" as a search option. Google "Indiana campgrounds".

Enjoy
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I use this website to locate government campgrounds with waterfront sites. Note the legend at the bottom of the map for identification purposes.
RVn Full-time