cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Web Cams

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
When we can't go camping, we like to check in on folks who can. Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach has four web cams. Its fun to see how the other have lives every now and then.

Do any other campgrounds have web cams? Like I said, its just fun to see others camping when we can't.
7 REPLIES 7

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
Good grief! They aren't looking through windows. They're just showing the amenities. Like the snack bar, the beach, the pool etc. Just showing what's available if you stay there. They aren't live pictures.

Actually, the purpose of web cams IS live video and/or pics.

Surveillance cameras are bad enough, but I wouldn't want any stranger/serial killer/child molester to have "voyeurs' access" to my family while we are camping either.

Note: That is NOT a comment about OP, rather pointing out that one never knows who is watching or their intentions.

Imho, filming people without their willing consent is tantamount to pointing a camera in someone's window- especially "publishing" it via webcams or other methods. Cellphone cams are the same.

I wish people wouldn't film others for exhibition.

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
When I'm stuck at home, I'm far more interested in viewing scenery rather than looking in on people camping. (I will admit to pulling up webcams at ski areas to see how conditions are!) To see how things are looking at the NP's, I use the National Park Webcam List to go to the parks. The weather, time of day, and time of year change what one sees on these cam. One can track the progress of the leaf changes from north to south in the fall and the retreat of winter from south to north in the spring.

Another interesting way to see how the weather is developing (for west of the Mississippi anyway) is to use the Webcam Hover Map. Put your cursor over a dot to see the most recent image. Some links are broken, but the map is still the quickest way I've found to get a look at weather and traffic cams from state to state on one page. Alaska isn't on there though, so I use Alaska Traffic Cams to see how things are going up there. Make sure you click on Weather Cams under the legend to highlight them. It's interesting to pull them up in mid-June and see how much light there is in the middle of the night.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Good grief! They aren't looking through windows. They're just showing the amenities. Like the snack bar, the beach, the pool etc. Just showing what's available if you stay there. They aren't live pictures.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
I sure would NOT ever stay at a CG that has live feed web cams. :R

OK. Thanks for staying on topic and making a valuable contribution.

Your welcome. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:

OK. Thanks for staying on topic and making a valuable contribution.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
I like these of Yellowstone!

Old Faithful Geyser
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK