cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Were to go to lunch in Algodones, Mexico?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of months ago I post a topic on any reason to cross over from Yuma to Mexico. Got lot of suggestions about teeth, prescriptions, etc.

Now we want specific suggestions on places to have lunch or shop.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
23 REPLIES 23

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Yuma

Gruffy
Explorer
Explorer
Go over, get your feet wet. Best food is street vendors two or three streets in who feed Mexicans and not Gringos.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE the fish/shrimp tacos at the outdoor vendor. He's kinda tucked in one of the buildings on the right. I LOVE LOVE the nachos at El Presidio (?is that the name?). It's a big courtyard, outside seating and if you're lucky, they have music playing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Seriously, I've eaten there NUMEROUS times and have never gotten sick. And come to think of it, I HAVE gotten sick off food in the USA.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
True Mexican food is NOT exciting, just very bland. The spicy Mexican food is a product of the United States, not Mexico. So, if you want what the Americans perceive to be Mexican food, find a good restaurant in Yuma. That said, we like Parisios, which is on the left about 2 blocks into Algodones.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
We have ate there about 4 times, trying out different places, still alive but not really impressed with the food so we choose to eat back on our soil, just my 2 cents worth...
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
The Q. ๐Ÿ™‚
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
we were there last year and we were going to have lunch at a small out door place and after seeing them wash the glasses for their drinks we decided not to have any thing but a diet coke in a can. it is too gross to talk about. we just wonder if any of the drinkers got sick.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
1 block in, 1 block right, on the opposite corner from there.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
really? just walk over and discover your own place, that is part of the excitement of going over the bridge. enjoy.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015