cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Do You Do With Your Dog

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for some ideas as to what people do with their dogs if they want to go some where for the day that the dog can't go along or a long bike ride etc. Just looking to cover all bases for next snowbird season.

Thanx
24 REPLIES 24

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Take them to a kennel for the day. Some vets Aldo offer this. Check still park office. Sometimes you can find someone to walk your dog while you are away.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry. Maybe my question was poorly described. I was asking about whole day trips. Like 8-12 hours when leaving the dog in the MH is not an option and neither would be returning half way thru the day.
Is there like doggie day care services, someone at the parks that will watch them for you ?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Klueck wrote:
Just make sure the AC keeps running if it's hot outside, because it could die pretty quickly if the AC goes out while you're gone for an entire day.

As an added note to it being hot outside; We have a small sign in the window asking any campers to call our cell if the power goes out. We also request the front office to do the same.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Just looking for some ideas as to what people do with their dogs if they want to go some where for the day that the dog can't go along or a long bike ride etc.

I have found that whatever my dogs are used to at home they will tolerate without issue in the RV!

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure the AC keeps running if it's hot outside, because it could die pretty quickly if the AC goes out while you're gone for an entire day.

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
X3. Leave them in the RV after a long walk and romp. We also use doggie day care when we can find it.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
They stay in the RV. We make sure to come back when needed, and our dogs don't whine or bark while we're away.

That's what I do too but I have a rule that I don't leave him any longer than 5 hours. I try to take him with us everywhere we can. There were a few times that I was able to find a sitter and stay gone longer.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
sch911 wrote:
They stay in the RV. We make sure to come back when needed, and our dogs don't whine or bark while we're away.

X2

X3. Ours are trained not to bark, unless someone knocks on the door.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:

X2
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad