cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When will you start the flight south?

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious as I am getting itchy feet to head south. Will eventually land in the Quartzsite area but is way too hot still so sightseeing in a convoluted trip down from the Seattle area.

We will arrive around the first of Nov. When do you head south and where this year?
76 REPLIES 76

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Retiredblade wrote:

Isn't that something, when we were kids we use to live out in the snow, sled ride, snow ball fights. In working life, had to work out in it. Now, even in the house, if it gets below 72 I head for the closet, get a sweat shirt and boost the thermostat up to 75, the wife says "it's getting hot in here!" and I have to put it back. The old bones can't take the cold any more!

X10!!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
pawatt wrote:
TOMORROW!!!! Just ahead of the big freeze predicted for Friday.

Oh you two. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anything less then 80 degrees is chilly now-a-days. Safe travels, and keep the heat turned up when you get there.

Isn't that something, when we were kids we use to live out in the snow, sled ride, snow ball fights. In working life, had to work out in it. Now, even in the house, if it gets below 72 I head for the closet, get a sweat shirt and boost the thermostat up to 75, the wife says "it's getting hot in here!" and I have to put it back. The old bones can't take the cold any more!

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:

Oh you two. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anything less then 80 degrees is chilly now-a-days. Safe travels, and keep the heat turned up when you get there.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
I will be flying down to Fun n Sun on October 28th for 1 week to get things ready for friends in December. Have to fly back to have shoulder surgery.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping to start on Dec. 26th. Can't leave before Christmas as the grandkids would be very upset. They are still young so they like having us around for the holidays. Plan on being at our park on Jan. 1st for 3 great months.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

RvingMike
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving the 25th of Oct. Winter in Central Florida (near Disney -love the mouse). Will travel via Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg to enjoy the colors.
Mike

2004 GMC 8100/Allison 3500 Dually
2004 36' Mobile Suite

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
John & Angela wrote:
Arrived in Palm Springs today. ITS FREAKIN HOT HERE. We don't normally come down this early but we had a couple things to look after and we are going back in mid Feb to head to Spain. Nice trip down, very quiet on the road until we got to Vegas. Diesel was 2.49 and up coming down. Most we paid was 2.69.

Diesel is down to $2.15 - $2.30 in the Phoenix area.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was leaving Nov 1. Just got diagnosised with A-Fib. Gotta get that under control first. Probably Dec 1. He!! Getting old!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I am in a 1000 trails resort in Az (won 3 free nights). Now I know why I snowbird in Mexico

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Arrived in Palm Springs today. ITS FREAKIN HOT HERE. We don't normally come down this early but we had a couple things to look after and we are going back in mid Feb to head to Spain. Nice trip down, very quiet on the road until we got to Vegas. Diesel was 2.49 and up coming down. Most we paid was 2.69.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
From my Canadian family to everyone this time of year.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Left the Artic Circle July 3rd slowly heading South. In Northern California now. Should be in Casa Grande about first week in November.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
her&I wrote:
http://www.sgcca.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/happy_thanksgiving_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

And a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you as well.
pawatt