2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 3500HD SWD Duramax Diesel
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
68 REPLIES 68

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
In the FWIW category...
FD Roosevelt State Park was at capacity this weekend. However, no excessive noise, busy campground roads, or wild children running amuck. The trip there and back was completely uneventful and had ZERO slowdowns (except for what was caused by the GA state patrol being camped out on the overpasses like vultures). All of this, despite the fact that there was some sort of car show, hot-air balloon event going on at Callaway Gardens. We stayed at Skidaway Island SP last year for Labor Day and nary a hint of trouble or noise to be foud then either.

Also FWIW, Callaway Gardens was absolutely beautiful but not worth the price of admission ($60 for 2 adults, kids under 5 free). At the campground, there was a small group of women who had vintage campers in fully restored or partially restored condition. Kinda neat seeing what they'd done to them. It's a really nice park, but quite isolated (which I enjoyed). And there's very little extra-curriculum activity to do nearby. The Little White House was worth the trip!
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arrived Martinak SP before noon. More than half full still. Sundown, the cg has only 2 other sites occupied.

AHHHH! Gotta love weekday camping.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
The Fire Station

Bill_and_Marie_
Explorer
Explorer
Thousand Trails Bay Landing, Brudgeport, Texas. Have been here since Thursday, it was very full but not unruly or crazy on Friday night, let's see what Saturday brings. Loads of fun yesterday watching the rental RVs trying to figure it all out, helped one family last night that was parking head first into a back in site. They were very grateful, nice people.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
We stay home for major holidays. To many "campers" come in Friday night, drink and yell till the wee hours then sleep all day and do it again. A big steam blow off for them but not restful for us. We just got home from a week and pulled off Friday before it begins.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:
Sitting in Montrose, CO and spending 4 photographing Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

that is a beautiful place, enjoy.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting in Montrose, CO and spending 4 photographing Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Landroamer1
Explorer
Explorer
Tompkins Campground. It's an Army COE campground on Lake Cowanesque in Lawrenceville , PA
14 GMC 2500 HD D/A 2018 Wildcat 375 MC

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
The last place I want to be is camping on any holiday weekend.

Amen brither! I never even go north to the cabin on most weekends and never on a holiday. You can go on the 10th of September and have all those places to yourself. A far better plan.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
We made the decision years ago when we retired to not camp on holidays but wait until the holiday is over and go. I have been in the position where we camped on holiday's and had to go back to work the following day or day's. Spouse and I made the decision to let the working men/woman and their families enjoy camping on the holiday and go when it was over. We have stuck to this plan since I retired in 2006 and have no regrets about it.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
It is Friday & the rush to get 'somewhere' must be on.

Y'all have fun on the last big weekend of the season.

Please drive sober and safe.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is Friday & the rush to get 'somewhere' must be on.

Y'all have fun on the last big weekend of the season.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
majorgator wrote:
Always the same by some when this question gets asked..... The OP asked where everyone was going camping for the holiday weekend not who was staying home.

Nice to see the post police are still alive and active.

Carry on. :R

Yeah, well, I'm actually not the one who said that...so carry on yourself with the incorrect quoting.

My Apologies.

However, lest us not forget that you did say on 09/03:

"AMEN!
I was planning on saying the same thing."

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me. ๐Ÿ™‚ Carry on.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
majorgator wrote:
Always the same by some when this question gets asked..... The OP asked where everyone was going camping for the holiday weekend not who was staying home.

Nice to see the post police are still alive and active.

Carry on. :R

Yeah, well, I'm actually not the one who said that...so carry on yourself with the incorrect quoting.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs