cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery security

West_Beachhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We are doing a little research. Just wondering how to lock the two battery boxes to the travel trailer tongue. Our local RV shop basically did not have any suggestions.
Thank you.
West Beachhouse
21 REPLIES 21

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
West Beachhouse wrote:
We are doing a little research. Just wondering how to lock the two battery boxes to the travel trailer tongue.

The easiest solution - get two of the B & D Battery Locks.

that's what I got. nice people to deal with also. the padlock I use has virtually no shaft exposed to cut. any potential thief will head for those with a fabric belt or no lock on them.
bumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The modern day thieves are equipped with these two tools that will generally cut into anything you come up with in just a matter of seconds...

Some Honda generator may have these thief resistant metal attachments to their handles installed.

This doesn't work too well as I still see the Honda generator for sale on CRAIGS LIST with handle cut into where the thieves cut them to steal them.

This beautifully designed tongue mount that was posted on RV NET not too long ago is probably no match for the modern day generator thief

The best defense we have have found is out-of-sight out-of-mind concept. My generator sits secured in the tail gate corner of my truck bed covered with a lockable hard plastic folding bed cover.

When we need to use it I drop the tail gate and pull it out but it is still tethered to the truck inside the bed with lock cable.

My high dollar Honda Generator is never left unattended - it goes where I go... I have been carrying my 2KW Honda Generator now since 2008.

Just how long would you expect this nice Honda Generator would last tethered to the trailer sitting in plain sight... Might as well have a sign on it that says "TAKE ME-TAKE ME"

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you have to go to get a battery stolen? After camping for several years I have never been to a place that I even though that could happen.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
West Beachhouse wrote:
We are doing a little research. Just wondering how to lock the two battery boxes to the travel trailer tongue.

The easiest solution - get two of the B & D Battery Locks.

Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Master Python Lock,,4 footer.

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
I used the heavy metal strapping that has the holes in it for bolts and bent it around my batteries and used a lock to secure the ends together.

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
I use an old bicycle chain and lock. It works.
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer