cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How would I remove this table/cabinet?

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer

How would I remove this table/cabinet? It appears to be fastened to the wall and floor. Is the only way to remove it with a saws-all?
There is something special about camping in an RV.
10 REPLIES 10

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
looks like you have the same model wildwood and floorplan as the wife and i. curious as to what is inside the bottom part of that cabinet. i store books, remote controls in the top part. not to hijack your thread but i had the same dinette as yours. removed the table. and turned the seat next to the couch against the wall to make an L-shaped sofa .. really opened up the space. just the wife and i on trips. we use tv tray stands to eat and then fold the up and store them when not in use

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
I will look closely at it tonight and give an update tomorrow. I appreciate all the good comments.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Is it hiding anything? I see there's something on the outside of the trailer in the same location as the table. Sometimes RV MFG's run things thru the walls down into the floor and cover that up with a cabinet.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
We had a similar one that we removed.

After much puzzling over how to disassemble...a few precisely placed wacks with the hammer took it apart. It was stapled together from the inside somehow.

Worked for us as we weren't going to reinstall it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Question to the OP?
Open front or closed box?
We had a closed box with a magazine rack on the front. Some carefull work with a putty knife to pry the trim and front panel offa d had access to all screws.

Do you plan on putting it back or just looking to get rid of it?
The top is likely just stapled on some light taps with a hammer and a block of wood will likely remove it.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
It is probably screwed to the floor from inside the bottom of the cabinet so you should be able to locate those screws for removal. Normally the screws mounting to the wall come in from the opposite side before the skin is applied. If it were me I would try to remove as many screws as I could find mounting it to the floor. I'd use a magnetic stud finder to locate the screws along the wall. Then I'd hold a wide flexible putty knife against the wall as a shield to keep from marring the wall at each screw location as I used an oscillating saw with a thin blade to cut each screw. Then I'd use this technique to remove any remaining screws mounting it to the floor.

I have one of those in my TT.

I can't see the face of yours in the pic, but on mine there is a solid panel on the bottom front, under a shelf inside.

That panel comes out of there on mine to reveal the inside hollow area and gives access to the screws holding it to the wall and floor.

Yours may have a panel stapled in place on the front after the thing was fastened down.

My panel has 4 screws to remove to access the inside, as that's where my shore power enters from the rear and goes into the floor.

I certainly wouldn't attack it with a saw. You'll do a lot of damage to the surrounding area. Far better to remove it the way it went on.

What's in the front?
Can you post a close up pic of the front?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
use a power screwdriver running backwards. Back out the screws holding it to the wall and/or floor. No power screwdriver?? use a left-handed manual screwdriver.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has about 2 or 3 stripped out screws through the cleats inside that are into 1/8 thick Luan plywood. Give it a good whack with your foot and it will pull right off.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you sure it isn't fastened down with hidden screws? Maybe you could slide a thin metal blade, like a hacksaw blade between the floor and bottom of this table and the same with the wall. That might give you an idea where the fasteners are.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper