cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

kitchen faucet replacement

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a difference between stick and brick kitchen faucet and an rv kitchen faucet? Would like to replace mine.
11 REPLIES 11

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
gotsmart, the shut offs are a very good idea! Never thought about that.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
My faucet replacement: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gotsmart/sets/72157631214349876/

I recommend adding shut-offs if there aern't any at present. As you can see, my shut-offs go from PEX to threaded.

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Some Sharkbite fittings will connect copper to PEX. Pricey though.

In my case the female fittings on the end of the PEX tubes screwed right onto the male fittings on the ends of the copper faucet supply lines.

I replaced our kitchen faucet with a Moen with pull out sprayer wand. I had to use a hole saw on the plastic sink where the supply tubes go to make room for the sprayer hose, but other than that it was a drop in replacement.

The bathroom faucet was a drop in replacement but as others have said it was easier to remove the sink. Space is really limited under the sink on mine.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Captain_Obvious
Explorer
Explorer
There is a huge difference between a residential faucet and an rv faucet.
The residential is 100 times better!
You can replace an rv with a residential faucet. I replaced my kitchen faucet with a residential and it was one of the best mods ever. Even my wife who was unhappy about the new faucet costing money loves it.

Take your current faucet with you when you go shopping. You'll be able to check that the hole spacing is what you need, and buy any adapters to account for stem length differences. By taking you old faucet out first, you can look under the sink for other issues you will encounter. I found some faucets had copper tubing for their supply, and connecting those to the pex supply lines would have been impossible. I ended up with a pull-out sprayer faucet with flexible supply lines that worked great.

dsurette
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced ours and the job is a lot easier if you remove the sink to do it.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing special. I had to remove the sink to get at the plumbing when I replaced mine.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

daverussel
Explorer
Explorer
Base on experience, there is no difference between stick and brick kitchen faucet and an rv kitchen faucet, as a matter of fact yu can use a regular kitchen faucet on RV's.

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys

rav
Explorer
Explorer
x2!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verify spacing before running to store. Yes, the majority are the same and should be 8 inch centers.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
Nope none! Have replaced about 6 during the last few years for myself and friends. Go pick out a nice one at lowes or hd.