Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Upgrade - Kitchen - Stove - Counter

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
Ebay is a great source for DIY LED(s).
This whole group of 10 LEDs + Dimmer was less than $20Bucks.
Took photos, before/after, let's see if i can post them.

Nope!
No photo(s).
Worked in the photo test thread, but NOT here.
Pretty much a non-user-friendly-Forum.
Funny i post Pics in three other Forums, NO Problem.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/115497253@N02/0X91g9
30 REPLIES 30

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Minermark wrote:
I store Pics on my Pc, i also store them in the Cloud (Flickr).
Any other website, "ANY" it's a one click user friendly upload.
A few responding here have posted pics? i dont see ONE!

Not a "few", but only one member posted a photo in this thread, and if you don't see it then something is indeed wrong in your Preferences.

Not "any" other forum allows to actually upload photos. All forums that I regularly post on, don't. You upload photo to somewhere else and post a "link". Hosting site http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1 is one of the easiest to do this. You would've known if you tried. IMO, easier than Flickr (that does "flicker" sometimes, as noted).

To post any link or photo, you need to open the "Advanced" editor window. Posting in the Quick Reply won't make links clicky and won't display photos.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Minermark wrote:
Ebay is a great source for DIY LED(s).
This whole group of 10 LEDs + Dimmer was less than $20Bucks.
Took photos, before/after, let's see if i can post them.

Nope!
No photo(s).
Worked in the photo test thread, but NOT here.
Pretty much a non-user-friendly-Forum.
Funny i post Pics in three other Forums, NO Problem.

I grabbed this from the other post to point out that they look great, not sure I want to show DW, as I don't need another project.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Now back to the regularly scheduled program:

What lights did you install?

Have you tested for interference while using the TV antenna?

MrWizard
Miner
This is a very old forum, running on very old bbs software

And the amount of work involved to change things, is astronomical

So we are forced to deal with this ' as is'

When posting
Click the advanced post button above the text box
The advance posting page as a row of icons above the text box
Clicking the image 'mountain' link opens a box to paste your ing url and insert a width option to size the image

Do not use the link at the top of your Brower window of picture host
That is a html web page link
Do not use a link to your pc
Use the direct link of the image
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Minermark wrote:
Snip...

Snip...

You must have a setting wrong in your Preferences.
1. Go to "My Forums" at the top Right of the page near your name.

2. Then click on "My Preferences" in the gray bar.

3. Make sure there is a check mark in front of "Show images that are part of posts"

You are making this a whole lot harder than it is. Simply follow the directions that I gave earlier in a link for posting pictures.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
I store Pics on my Pc, i also store them in the Cloud (Flickr).
Any other website, "ANY" it's a one click user friendly upload.

From here out i will Chime into this thread, letting people know of "New" Rv improvments and promply post my Flickr URL link.

Now i will be going to Flicker and seeing if/how, i can add text to my photos, never had to do that before, just used it for storage.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
The issue is that this forum does not store (host) photos, they must be hosted somewhere else. I use my web site, so it's very easy. Flickr does seem to complicate things, but it's not that hard as you can see:

The key is to grab the proper link. Here's what I did:

Went to your Flickr page and clicked on an image. Then I clicked the Share Photo icon (the arrow pointing to the right, next to the star at the bottom right). On the Share Image dialog, I clicked Embed. Then I opened up Notepad (can use any text editor) and pasted the link. Then I copied the URL of the image. You need to find the link that immediately follows src=. Everything inside the quotes needs to be copied. The link for the photo above is https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2867/33239012695_caf4e9cf6c_c.jpg.

One issue. That link points to the original photo, it is not resized at all, so for large photos like the one I posted, you need to add a width to the image tag. Using 800 as the width is a good size. You can leave the height blank, the browser will automatically scale the height.

So the image tag would look like this (just use the correct braces, I used curly braces so the forum wouldn't display a photo): {img}https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3930/32424605513_67437e47c0_k.jpg width=640{/img}

-Michael

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Miner,
I agree, this Forum isn't really up to date with links and image posting, no direct connection from a user's hard drive to the Forum.

Anyhow, let's see if this helps:

Meh, didn't work for me trying to manually post them. I'd bet there is something in the Flickr URL that this Forum doesn't like. Maybe a Moderator can figure out what the issue is.

I see you're into some audio stuff, too. Looks like you're pushing a pair of Klipsch corner cabs. I like me some Altecs.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
I don't think soundguy could have made it any simpler

I agree AND I sure do not claim to be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I have absolutely no problems posting either links or inserting pics into posts. As already mentioned you do have to do it right since ANY COMPUTER/WEBSITE has procedures that must be followed or you will run into problems if you don't do it correctly.

I certainly do not view the procedure here complicated or hard to follow;)

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
For interested parties, you can see my photos on Flickr.com
Flickr is free, looking is free.

Or Look up Flickr Acct Name: minermark1

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very few people find it difficult to use the photo posting page mentioned above http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1.
Just drag-drop photo from your PC, copy-paste the auto-created link, THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.

Keep it simple, don't use options "click for full-scale" or "shorten the URL" - it might or might not work.

Click Preview. If you don't see the photo, try to think. You might have to remove the repeated IMG brackets at the beginning and the end.

Many forums don't offer photo storage on their servers.

austingta
Explorer
Explorer
Minermark wrote:
376 people look to be interested in my project(s).
Will try again,to post images.
Tried three times, they downloaded, they went somewhere!

Nope, every forum im a member of has a SIMPLE tab to post pics.
No wonder this is NOT a popular website.

And i like how soundboy blames the consumer/poster for their lack of user friendly software, classic.

Sorry to the many people looking for info on easy upgrades, this is NOT a user friendly site when you need to jump through hoops to post a pic.

Retired RV Consultant/Designer, i have it all.

It's not at all hard, but you do need a good attitude for it to work for you. It's not exactly the same as other forums, it's true.

Here you go:

Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App! (1492)
A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).
Frank Brooks Austin TX
2018 F 150 King Ranch max tow package with 3.55 gears
Published towing weight limit 13200
Payload per sticker 1464

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think soundguy could have made it any simpler

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
376 people look to be interested in my project(s).
Will try again,to post images.
Tried three times, they downloaded, they went somewhere!

Nope, every forum im a member of has a SIMPLE tab to post pics.
No wonder this is NOT a popular website.

And i like how soundboy blames the consumer/poster for their lack of user friendly software, classic.

Sorry to the many people looking for info on easy upgrades, this is NOT a user friendly site when you need to jump through hoops to post a pic.

Retired RV Consultant/Designer, i have it all.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense - blame the forum software when it's you who doesn't understand the correct process. :S

Go here, upload a pic from your computer, copy the url, and paste it into your post - dead simple. ๐Ÿ™‚ It would be helpful if you would limit your pic to a reasonable size by inserting "width=450" or some similar value after .jpg Use the preview function so you can see what your pic will look like relative to the text before you post.

You're welcome. :W

Soundguy,
When using the picture posting app that you posted the link to there is NO need to put in a "width" statement. The app sizes the picture automatically.

Minermark,
In looking at your edits, either you did not follow the directions given in the app or you incorrectly copied the URL from the app after uploading your picture. Yes, you did it right in the test page but did not do it correctly here.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine