cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Morryde Suspension and Wet Bolt Upgrade

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been wanting to upgrade the suspension on my 2017 Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler with Morryde CRE 3000 and the Wet Bolt kit. I ran into a couple of minor issues durring the installation that I thought I would mention them here.

My Rig only has about 7000 miles on it (off the top of my head guess). The stock components were in pretty good shape. the plastic leaf spring bushing were still in good shape.

The Morryde system replaces the plastic bushings with bronze bushings. The wet bolts will allow you to grease the bushings and moving parts. The shackles are at least twice the thickness of the OEM shackles.

The installation instructions call for raising the trailer so both axles are off the ground on both sides. For me this was a problem because I had just enough jack stands, blocks and jacks for doing one side at a time.

The old

The problem I ran into was getting the leaf springs to line up with the leaf spring bracket and the Morryde equalizer. I am pretty sure this is because I am doing one side of the trailer at a time.

I used a small hydraulic bottle jack to push down on the axle to line up the bolts and I used a ratchet strap to line up the leaf spring with the frame hanger. Besides that everything went pretty smoothly. Took me about 5 hours but I was taking my time.

The New

You have the choice during the installation to face the grease fitting to the inside or outside. My axles are 4400 lb 33 inch on center and I placed them facing out. I can get to them easily without removing he tires. Your application could be different and putting the grease fitting facing in for easier access.

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
22 REPLIES 22

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMHO for the time, money and you still have drum brakes a set of these would have been well worth the Coin.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
Nice job! The CRE3000 is a great upgrade. I faced the zerks on mine to the inside. Not sure it's easier, but I have to get under the coach anyway to set the jack to lift the axle prior to greasing anyway.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
kfp673 wrote:
Did this 2 months ago as well. Thanks to this forum, I also learned that greasing is much easier with weight off the springs. I had 4 points not take grease until I jacked it back up and then no problem.

One thing I am considering is adding the X factor cross member. did you do that? Anyone do that with the 3000?

10-4
If the port in the bolt is facing up (no way to tell from the outside ) then youโ€™re effectively fighting the weight on the bolt when trying to grease.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to add to my own conversation about the X Factor Crossmember. I think due to the plumbing routing concerns I have for the front and rear axle hanger crossmember, I will be going with the center Equalizer bracket only.

I saw a video recently where the owner had a welding shop box one end of the front and rear axle hanger bracket. This adds strength to the hanger bracket making it less likely to fail.
So that the plan!
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
kfp673 wrote:
Did this 2 months ago as well. Thanks to this forum, I also learned that greasing is much easier with weight off the springs. I had 4 points not take grease until I jacked it back up and then no problem.

One thing I am considering is adding the X factor cross member. did you do that? Anyone do that with the 3000?

Yes, I was thinking of going with the X Factor cross bar. Not only for front and rear axles but for the Equalizer hanger as well.

BUT

I have a problem with the Black tank drain pipe running in front of the front axle hanger bracket PLUS the Gray Tank drain pipe runs in front of the rear axle hanger bracket.

If, I get real excited to do this I may reroute some plumbing but for now it's on the back burner.

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
path1 wrote:
Looks great..I've been thinking about the same project.

Do you happen to know if it raised your rv, if so how much?

I had to push down on the leaf spring to get it to line up with the new Morryde equalizer so I would not be surprised if it raised it. My guess would be a inch or less. I say that because they claim you will get a extra inch of suspension travel with the Morryde CRE 3000 and they may have done that by raising the ride height.

That's just a guess I have to measure it know for sure.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great..I've been thinking about the same project.

Do you happen to know if it raised your rv, if so how much?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"