cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New window in door The best !

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was going to replace the frosted glass in the door with tinted glass and a new plastic frame, but with the cost of the glass and frame plus shipping I could, for a few bucks more I get this neat window that opens and doesn't have a cheap plastic frame that has to be replaced every few years and it matches the rest of the windows in the RV.

This is the best replacement window yet, the EDWIN by Atwood.
At Easy Windows

Why didn't the MFG put these in to begin with? Instead of the cheezy plastic rimed things?

Privacy glass and it opens, easy install as shown here and looks just like the rest of the windows in the MH.

The frames come in black or white.

(on edit see mine on page 4)
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
76 REPLIES 76

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
Just a note along the same lines of replacing the crappy door window. I took my crappy looking old door to the auto body shop. I had to drive my fiver past the shop where they used some sort of camera held up to the outside wall, which gave them the color match. After they painted it, it matched perfectly. I am as pleased as punch. They charged me #100, but I took the door off and removed all the hardware before taking it to them. I also did all the reinstall work.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
ralphnjoann wrote:
If I were to add one of these, I would save the old one so that if I decided to buy a different RV, this one would go with me and the original would go back from whence it came.

What a GREAT Idea,It is setting in the garage right now.
Buying A Rental Class C

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
If I were to add one of these, I would save the old one so that if I decided to buy a different RV, this one would go with me and the original would go back from whence it came.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey they look good even on an old RV. I found this one on a 1984
Class C. Makes it look like a much newer one.

Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grillmeister wrote:
Cheesehead62 wrote:
Problem solved with the cargo door window screen. went to local true value and picked up a make your own screen kit, it comes with 90 deg corners, so all I did was grind them to form the radius for the bottm part of the window. and walla all done and works like a champ

We need pictures. :h

Yes that would be nice.Has anyone have pictures of theirs? :@
Buying A Rental Class C

Grillmeister
Explorer
Explorer
Cheesehead62 wrote:
Problem solved with the cargo door window screen. went to local true value and picked up a make your own screen kit, it comes with 90 deg corners, so all I did was grind them to form the radius for the bottm part of the window. and walla all done and works like a champ

We need pictures. :h
Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

Cheesehead62
Explorer
Explorer

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

That is really nice looking! Just might have to get one...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Cheesehead62
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
tntshannon wrote:
to any one who has installed on of the Edwin Windows. I want to put one on my cargo/bunk door to get some air in there. Is there a screen? If not does it look like you could add one. And does it look like it could be rotated 90 degrees for installation?

Thanks

The window dosn't come with a screen.Most are installed in the door of a motorhome or camper that have a screen door.

I see no reason that it can't be rotated and used that way.

There may be a screen that they make that will fit the person to ask is.

Sue Phillips
Atwood Mobile Products
Replacement window line
574-266-4829
Cell # 260-350-2414
fax 574-262-9469
e-mail s.phillips@atwoodmobile.com
Normal Business Hours 6:00-2:30

She seems to be incharge if this line and is helpful,you might give her a call or an E mail she has been very helpful when I have contacted her, and let us know what you find out. Thanks

I have the same issue after installing in the cargo door, as of a week or two ago they do not make a screen at this time, hopefully they will down the road, meanwhile i'm looking at local hardware store self making screen kit. will update when I come up with a fix

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grillmeister wrote:
OK, I have had mine for a couple weeks now and I would never have another RV with the cheap leaky plastic bezel stock window again, if I could avoid it by having a quality product like this one!

That is nice to know.

I wonder if anyone is dis satified with their's. Or if they they all worked out for them.
Buying A Rental Class C

JayWalker2009
Explorer
Explorer
larrybluhm wrote:
Got the curtains sewed up and installed over the holiday weekend.

NICE JOB!

JayWalker2009
Explorer
Explorer
gotsmart wrote:
I don't get the "slider window" part. I have a screen door. There's no easy access to the slider when both doors are closed. The privacy tinting is great - BUT - does it block the heat from the sun? I have reflective foil permanently velcro'd to the window. I think I'd rather have an entry camera over the door with a monitor inside AND no window at all.

I thought I was the only one confused...I am not sure of the value of having a window that will open? If you have a screen door, most do, it won't really do much for ya. Wonder if they have one that doesn't open?

That said, I have always wondered why they even put windows on RV doors. You can't see out of them, and they don't put out enough light inside to make a difference, I prefer it darker to keep it cool inside since we usually camp in the summer.

The window does look far superior to the cheap ones already installed. I doubt I will replace mine as it still looks new but will save this for future use in case I never need to!

PikeRoadWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I think those windows are used throughout the camper as replacements. While you certainly could choose to utilize an opening window in the door, opening windows are probably offered because they might be placed anywhere in the camper, and often we wish those other windows to open... Just a guess.

They do look like an incredible upgrade...love the look of them.
2004.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
2009 Sabre 31BHDS

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
tntshannon wrote:
to any one who has installed on of the Edwin Windows. I want to put one on my cargo/bunk door to get some air in there. Is there a screen? If not does it look like you could add one. And does it look like it could be rotated 90 degrees for installation?

Thanks

The window dosn't come with a screen.Most are installed in the door of a motorhome or camper that have a screen door.

I see no reason that it can't be rotated and used that way.

There may be a screen that they make that will fit the person to ask is.

Sue Phillips
Atwood Mobile Products
Replacement window line
574-266-4829
Cell # 260-350-2414
fax 574-262-9469
e-mail s.phillips@atwoodmobile.com
Normal Business Hours 6:00-2:30

She seems to be incharge if this line and is helpful,you might give her a call or an E mail she has been very helpful when I have contacted her, and let us know what you find out. Thanks
Buying A Rental Class C

BozemanTrail
Explorer
Explorer
tntshannon wrote:

Thanks

I have one of these windows in my door. It does have a screen, but it's setup to work up and down, not side to side. But the company who makes this windows makes different windows for different purposes.