cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold High Temp Sensor Box

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I learned today that if your Recall black box gets a flashing red light it most likely is the high temp sensor that is attached to the heat tubes with a wire going to the black box.

I thought it meant the black box was bad.

Also if the black box has a solid red light on it most likely is the black box is bad.

$95 for a new temp sensor and labor....he redid the insulation around the tubes, as the last repair they blew it off and left a mess.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992
3 REPLIES 3

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Our Norcold fridge quit this past weekend after a Major storm. Was throwing the "LI oP" code... would not restart on electric or gas. I thought about trying the magnet fix on the recall box but I took it to the dealer just to be safe. Dealer said the recall box had failed. Norcold is sending a new part and paying for the labor to install it.
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cumminsยฎ Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
What Revision of the NoCold band aid is this for? If NorCold will not replace for free, I'd install a ARP Control which is a much better solution to this problem. Actually I put one on in addition to my Rev E recall joke as it will shut down when too far out of level and restart when safe to.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Norcold Recall Box LED

LED ON.......'Fault' has occurred. All DC power has been tripped.
This could be due to High-high temp has actually happened (fridge cooling unit issue)
OR
Recall Box has malfunctioned

LED Fast Flashing........high-high temp sensor not connected or has open circuit

LED Slow Flashing........low DC Voltage event (typically below 10.5V DC)

Faulty Recall Box should be replaced FREE unless using a mobile service where you might get 'service charge'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31